What do you guys think of the current melee weapon diversity

I'm bringing this common argument on the table again.
For current meta melee builds, we only utilize 2h axes/maces, and there's no peek of light for 2h swords. And if you want to explore late game content, the only stable option is disfavour, which is sitting at a meaty 10ex on Poe.trade

Then we look at 2h swords.
Nothing.

For both there aren't any cheap options. (<1ex). Then we look at another popular, crit daggers, throw Bino's in there and it's done.

Spoiler
I'm probably missing a lot of stuff

Spoiler
this is considering for newer players and players that play from time to time, whom does not have sufficient currency to support them, even for doing Atziri or basic uber lab, but then people will argue experience and stuff, but are you suppose to gain experience by watching Atziri gameplay over and over? Are you suppose to test your luck with rng?

Spoiler
it doesn't matter how experienced a played might be, he will still fall to rng, as without a reliable dps as a backbone, the amount of time it takes to down a boss will be unstable, meaning mistake/time rate Will be exponential

Spoiler
ignore me whatever, this is a long over looked issue, probably bigger than bladefall mines

Spoiler
ggg pls buff 2h swords thx

Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 12:43:49 AM
I was going to try a two handed sword this league. I guess I'll go with axes then. :(

Note: I'm quite happy to get the the mid 80s and mid level maps; is there a 2 H sword that will get me their?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I was going to try a two handed sword this league. I guess I'll go with axes then. :(

Note: I'm quite happy to get the the mid 80s and mid level maps; is there a 2 H sword that will get me their?

Dont know how competitive this is still. But it certainly is good enough to achieve your stated goal:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Oro%27s_Sacrifice
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Kondo's Pride might be decent enough, but it's a clear right side weapon which limits your options a bit.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"it doesn't matter how experienced a played might be, he will still fall to rng, as without a reliable dps as a backbone, the amount of time it takes to down a boss will be unstable, meaning mistake/time rate Will be exponential"

The existence of Unique items does nothing to prevent this though. GGG could add a dozen end-game swords and you'd still be relying on RNG to actually get anything.
The only way to bypass this is by trading, in which case you can look for a Rare.
Oro is not fancy enough for you?
"
Enrovy wrote:
I'm bringing this common argument on the table again.
For current meta melee builds, we only utilize 2h axes/maces, and there's no peek of light for 2h swords. And if you want to explore late game content, the only stable option is disfavour, which is sitting at a meaty 10ex on Poe.trade

Then we look at 2h swords.
Nothing.

For both there aren't any cheap options. (<1ex). Then we look at another popular, crit daggers, throw Bino's in there and it's done.

Spoiler
I'm probably missing a lot of stuff

Spoiler
this is considering for newer players and players that play from time to time, whom does not have sufficient currency to support them, even for doing Atziri or basic uber lab, but then people will argue experience and stuff, but are you suppose to gain experience by watching Atziri gameplay over and over? Are you suppose to test your luck with rng?

Spoiler
it doesn't matter how experienced a played might be, he will still fall to rng, as without a reliable dps as a backbone, the amount of time it takes to down a boss will be unstable, meaning mistake/time rate Will be exponential

Spoiler
ignore me whatever, this is a long over looked issue, probably bigger than bladefall mines

Spoiler
ggg pls buff 2h swords thx

Earthquake doesnt work for Swords. That's why 2-h swords are shit.
It seems GGG are extremely bad at balancing their game. I'm almost given up to see some positive balance changes.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Completely ignoring oros, because it's not a base for a phy build, I might be wrong but the only place I see oros being used on is flickerstrike, which is also an expensive build route.
"
Enrovy wrote:
I might be wrong but the only place I see oros being used on is flickerstrike, which is also an expensive build route.

A lot of people fall into this line of thought, but honestly, based on my experience, it's a total red herring. You don't always have to make 100% usage of every mod on an item in order for it to be useful. My Oro's vanilla attacker (uses Wild Strike for crowd clear because its lack of damage penalty on non-melee effect, plus patch-buffed spread with extra projectiles, bigger aoe, and more chains, allows it to deal massive crowd damage) deals more damage than most of my other characters, physical-2h-sword included.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Oro's has absolutely massive base damage. An absolute worst possible rolled Oro's has weapon dps of 672.75, on a weapon that costs 1c or less the last time I checked.

IMO there are a lot of very deceptively strong mechanics in this game.

If anyone is wondering how I built my Oro's vanilla, it's basically grab fire penetration, fire damage, elemental damage, and you're set for damage. Since I'm softcore I run Anger aura as well for overkill. Decimates bosses with Inquisitor ascendancy even with 33% crit chance (people forget that Inquisitor gains extra penetration on non crit, a point which Mark_GGG hinted to people at some point, but which no one ever noticed).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Meanwhile I'm still having fun with hiltless...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info