How exactly does totem playstyle feel to play? Help create totem build!

One thing that bothers me about auras and totems/minions is radius. My totems and spirits can venture off-screen (or I can just run from them). As I remember the default radius of the aura is 22 units or so. Will auras affect my off-screen units?

Does aura stick for some time after being applied? Like you go from radius and it lingers for 0.5-1 sec after that moment (dota 2 mechanics as an example).
Last edited by argonaftec on Aug 30, 2016, 8:53:41 AM
No, 22 units is fairly low. However, auras gain radius bonus per level, quality on gems grants some more and an auramancer summoner will have the leadership passive most likely, they end up with a very large radius.

The effect doesn't stick.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2016, 8:56:12 AM
Returning back to SRS, I just noticed that totem does not spawn spirits if there is no enemies around. How exctly it works? No enemies in visible radius? No enemies in closed areas (like areas with doors)? Third option?

Does this "rule" apply to other minions as well?
"
argonaftec wrote:
No enemies in visible radius?

Yes, totems have a detection radius, they won't try to attack enemies outside of it.

Minions have a bit more complicated behavior, they also follow your actions to an extent. For example, if you're casting some spell on a spot it's similar to using an 'attack-move' command in RTS games though it differs from minion to minion, they will also try to spread around a bit if possible.

Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2016, 9:06:29 AM
One more question. Is totem detection radius tied to the player's vision radius? What width does it have?
Unknown, it can't be increased in any way but it's very high by default. Of course, the enemy must also be in skill range to be attacked.

One more thing, do totems block significant movement? If place it in the door will it block/distort movement patterns of mobs? Is this a viable tactic?
"
argonaftec wrote:
One more thing, do totems block significant movement? If place it in the door will it block/distort movement patterns of mobs? Is this a viable tactic?

Totems absolutely will block enemies from getting through a door, it's a viable tactic.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Thanks for all your help guys! Now I just need to focus on my skill tree to make it work to it's full potential.

Will ask new questions if they pop up. Cheers for now.
Guys, I remember that duration of freeze depends on %max hp dealt with damage, but I am still curious, will vaal cold snap freeze for zero sec too? The description says always freezes enemies. Maybe it by chance has some set duration of freeze?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info