How exactly does totem playstyle feel to play? Help create totem build!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715387

msg me if u want me to run through a few maps with you on standard to show you my playstyle anyways
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Can you link where you saw that one? No idea how good are warp totems these days and you might have been looking at an old build, the concept has certain problems these days.

Welllllll, it wasn't about totems, I looked mines over matter
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618065
and remember how one of the bosses in Haku missions was using totems and idea popped up.
"
argonaftec wrote:
Welllllll, it wasn't about totems, I looked mines over matter

Right, well, the problem is you need to use less duration support to shorten totem warp time and that will also reduce totem duration so you will need to recast them too often. It worked a bit differently before so Warp totems were a popular quirky build, but they aren't really good anymore.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Right, well, the problem is you need to use less duration support to shorten totem warp time and that will also reduce totem duration so you will need to recast them too often. It worked a bit differently before so Warp totems were a popular quirky build, but they aren't really good anymore.

What's the problem with that? You get like 4-6 sec totems that do alot of damage in moderate area AND are moving from foe to foe, also, as I remember there are alot of mana and manacost nodes along the templar way, it shouldn't be so bad. Well, the real downside I see here is one more link that can be used for another purposes with other spells.
Last edited by argonaftec on Aug 29, 2016, 5:21:04 PM
"
argonaftec wrote:
"

What's the problem with that? You get like 4-6 sec totems that do alot of damage in moderate area AND are moving from foe to foe, also, as I remember there are alot of mana and manacost nodes along the templar way, it shouldn't be so bad.

Not only that, you could reduce their duration more before, they travel slower now because reduced duration gem became less duration so it won't stack anymore. Just pick some other spell, there's plenty to choose from.

Last edited by raics on Aug 29, 2016, 5:24:25 PM
What about righteous fire? The downfall here is short duration of totems but the damage is probably higher. Righteous fire + some random elemental/mass stun skill should work very good.

Or you can utilise minions, make them aggro everything while standing on those "hot-plates".

Or even maybe cwdt with those totems while you bubble with shield, molten shell, AA, tempest and immortal call. Hm, but cwdt will not utilise additional totems. Don't even know. Searing bond is too boring but practical :(

Just bubble while surrounded by RF totems?

Also, thanks to medium to small area near you, blasphemy will be useful here with some curses.
Last edited by argonaftec on Aug 29, 2016, 5:37:05 PM
You're overcomplicating things.
The main selling point of totem builds is they're safe, cheap and simple:
1. Drop totems
2. Run around until they kill everything, use some curses if you're bored.

Last edited by raics on Aug 29, 2016, 6:16:02 PM
Can you create a simple totem skill tree? So I can use it as an example?

And, if it's not so hard for you, can you make second one with adding some minion nodes into the mix?

Considering that I plan using fire or lightning skills.
I better not, haven't played a totemist in a long while nor thought of playing one. You're better off just picking anything from the build section, it will be more up to speed on recent trends.

Ok, thanks for advice, though I will still try warp and RF just for lulz before new leafe kicks in :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info