The Void - what will it give? [creator post inside]

One thought that I did have, was that on using the 4 fragments in the map device, instead of opening a portal the socket in the map device just consumes the 4 fragments and gives you this card.

Naturally you hand this in to Tasuni, who reveals that he is the Shaper and then immediately warps you to his map. Or y'know, just sends you to the map without the whole 'revelation of self' thing.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I'm back from work, so I'll post a little more info.

I originally wanted the card to be blank, like seriously blank. It would have been just the card template with no text, no words, no picture, and not even a card count. For obvious reasons, that was shut down. They asked me to think of a name and some flavour text, at the least, and I came up with The Void.

The devs are the ones that decided to leave the item description blank, which I found to be absolutely delightful, a nice throw-back to my original idea.

I don't know the exact mechanics, since I didn't give them much to work with (literally, I told them I wanted a card that said nothing), but I do know that the card gives one item from a set of possible items.

So, it doesn't give nothing. You get something from nothing. It also, as far as I know, doesn't do anything with microtransactions (though, a card that does give a micro would be a cool idea...call it The Tailor or something).

I'm absolutely loving the crazy ideas you guys are coming up with for possible rewards.

Sadly, I don't know the rarity of the card, but I imagine since it's a 1/1 it isn't going to drop all of the time. I also don't know where it drops, but I could guess that it would have something to do with the new areas since they waited this long to release it (it showed "Art Complete" since April).

I might start a thread on Friday for people to post what they pulled from the Void.
"...we try not to be dicks." - Mark
"...i speke good englesh" - Rhys
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl
"
thepapadan wrote:
I'm back from work, so I'll post a little more info.

I originally wanted the card to be blank, like seriously blank. It would have been just the card template with no text, no words, no picture, and not even a card count. For obvious reasons, that was shut down. They asked me to think of a name and some flavour text, at the least, and I came up with The Void.

The devs are the ones that decided to leave the item description blank, which I found to be absolutely delightful, a nice throw-back to my original idea.

I don't know the exact mechanics, since I didn't give them much to work with (literally, I told them I wanted a card that said nothing), but I do know that the card gives one item from a set of possible items.

So, it doesn't give nothing. You get something from nothing. It also, as far as I know, doesn't do anything with microtransactions (though, a card that does give a micro would be a cool idea...call it The Tailor or something).

I'm absolutely loving the crazy ideas you guys are coming up with for possible rewards.

Sadly, I don't know the rarity of the card, but I imagine since it's a 1/1 it isn't going to drop all of the time. I also don't know where it drops, but I could guess that it would have something to do with the new areas since they waited this long to release it (it showed "Art Complete" since April).

I might start a thread on Friday for people to post what they pulled from the Void.

I'm excited! The idea for that card is absolutely brilliant! The team and yourself did a fantastic job. Great work.
Yeah I could appreciate items received from the card thread Thepapadan.
#NeverGoing90
They could give a Atlas guardian specific unique, since they are the guardians of the void!
Gives a Random old version of a Legacy item... That would be fucking insane and make the card worth 10+Exalts easy.. Or probably as rare as a mirror. LOL
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 30, 2016, 7:42:28 PM

Love the new strongboxes. :)

Edit:

Got
Last edited by Ejaykum on Sep 3, 2016, 3:48:19 AM
"
Ejaykum wrote:

Love the new strongboxes. :)

Edit:

Got

I thought I had a little more time. Forgot that Standard got some love this time.

By the end of the day, I'll post here with the mechanics of the card as I know them. However, anyone else finding a void, I wanna see what you get!
"...we try not to be dicks." - Mark
"...i speke good englesh" - Rhys
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl
Unique item with light radius! Just what we need!
there are reddit threads where people claim to get orb of fusings and chaos orbs from this card, one guy got pacifism, other ventors gamble, 10 chisels, according to all this randomness,

my theory for the end would be that it gives you any item you can get from a full set of any other divination cards

edit, after seeing majority of drops from the void, i think this is 99% the case
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Sep 3, 2016, 10:29:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info