Post here all stupid russian translations from Garena

First one -
"

Class name "Gladiator" - (Garena/Dimaher)(Димахер) - Dimaher(Димахер) is Gladiator type with 2 daggers.

In Russian language Gladiator it is Gladiator(Гладиатор).

"
"Jeweller's Orb" - (Garena/GoldSmith's Orb)(Сфера Златокузнеца) OMG))

"Jeweller" in Russian language it is (Jeweller)(Ювелир) in Russia we don't say "GoldSmith" (Златокузнец) we say "Jeweller" (Ювелир) - change to Jeweller's Orb(Сфера ювелира).

In Russian language Jeweller's Orb it is Jeweller's Orb(Сфера Ювелира).

"
Catarina, Master of the Dead (Garena/Katherine(Катерина), Master of the Dead) "Katherine" is not "Catarina" in russian language.

In Russian language Catarina it is Catarina(Катарина).

"
Vorici, Master Assassin (Garena/Fotis(Фотис), Master Assassin

In Russian language Vorici it is Vorici(Воричи). Who is it Fotis?)) Maybe u mean Putin? Why not? o_O

"
Elreon, Loremaster - (Garena/Elpedon(Эльпидон)(Are u serious?) ahhaha

In Russian language Elreon it is Elreon(Элрион).
Who is it Elpedon?)) heard in russian language like El homosexual. OMG ROFL

"
Tora, Master of the Hunt - (Garena/Terona(Терона), Master of the Hunt

In Russian language Tora it is Tora (Тора). Terona(Терона) is other name.
Не умеющему соображать, информация к размышлению ни к чему.
Last edited by Allcheats on Sep 1, 2016, 10:43:39 AM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 10:52:07 PM
And Alternate Russian text is smaller than English.

This is unreal to post all translate bugs here in solo)) tons of bad funny translations)) lots of euro russian speaking players already turn off russian language, we are scared open passive three names. We are hope you will fix this shit. Thanks GGG.
Last edited by Allcheats on Aug 29, 2016, 9:44:40 AM
teh pain when a bilangual russian player needs to ask some english friend about ingame stuff. it's basically playing two games for them.

reminds me on the incident when i talked about lord of the rings with english friends when some guy eventually asked what i mean by mentioning "kankra"?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Everything is okay with russian translation. You really don't catch the point of translation and by creating this thread you only show your narrow-mindedness.
Fotis & Elpidon are hilarious indeed :)

Names of characters, places, etc... should be only transliterated into cyrillic, not translated.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 29, 2016, 10:04:10 AM
"
SidleJinks wrote:
You really don't catch the point of translation
Yeah they surely don't have that God's Spark. Come to think of it, at least Goblin's-type translation would've been fun...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Totally agree with this. But..who cares:)
it's like that with every type of localization. Movies, Games, TV series etc.

Tho i agree that it loses quality through the process, thats why i always play/watch stuff on original language. Btw movie side it's even more noticeable , since there the language is part of the acting.

"
"
Allcheats wrote:

"
Elreon, Loremaster - (Garena/Elpedon(Эльпидон)(Are u serious?) ahhaha

In Russian language Elreon it is Elreon(Элрион).
Who is it Elpedon?)) heard in russian language like El homosexual. OMG ROFL

bwahahaha holy shit im dying, Elpedo, Lolimaster xDDD
nailed it
GGG do you see that? make it happen!

Also
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
it's like that with every type of localization
Nope. Checked BR localization yesterday. Just switched the client to it and looked up my character list. And you know what? Even if I don't know the language, all the classes look like they are translated right. Marauder, Witch, Hierophant, Duelist, Gladiator... wherever I look I see that class names are more or less retained their meaning, and in many cases even look like their English counterparts. Checked NPCs in towns/HO/quest log, and guess what Vorici is still Vorici, Elreon is still Elreon, and so on.
Also, I've never heard complaints from BR players about their translation (granted, maybe they were only complaining in their local site, but still).
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Why in Garena translation, Path of Exile is still Path of Exile? Why not translate like...: "Elpedon(Elreon in ru localization) must go away..." lol...

Why here rules about name translation still works?))

Why Blood Magic in Garena "russian" translation is still Blood Magic?) or Scroll of Wisdom is still Scroll of Wisdom? Why not Cast on Blood and Scroll of Identification?) etc.

A lot of thing have normal translation... but alot times when you read game names you can get brain rekt. And i ask myself " I Don't understand Russian or English?" Who i am WTF?

I am Gladiator, why on "Garena localization" i am Dimaher? Why?

I think is one of reasons why people dont join Garena.

When i speak with Garena "translation" user, i always say: "WHAT!? o_O (But i am Russian and speak russian) i cant understand which item, skill or character name, he mean on russian language. Because it always sounds like some sort of delirium.

#Thanks for Moscow gateway. #Fix translations of the names in game.
Last edited by Allcheats on Sep 1, 2016, 10:09:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info