Life builds suck - can I make ES lacerate?

Can you post your gear set? I'm having a hard time breaking 6000 on my slayer much less 7500. 7500 would DEFINITELY be viable end game as opposed to 5500.

I took my reave slayer into a t12 overgrown ruin with 5000 life and 2000 Es and he somehow died to loathe on critical hit. One of the easiest bosses in the game.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 30, 2016, 11:55:58 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Free bump,that has nothing to do with the thread.

Life builds doesn't suck,can clear everything no problems.

What sucks however is lacerate,and it will suck even more if you try making it ES.

I'd like to hear why do you think life builds suck,since when this jugg was a 7500 hp berserker i oneshoted every screen,boss (except uber malachai),and got so bored with the fact i can't die and stomped everything,that i went for this mjolner jugg which ofc is also very strong.

Just want to hear why do you think life sucks,because tbh,i disagree strongly.

Lacerate does not suck, the trick is, as with any skill, to build properly around it. Look at mathil. Killing uber with lacerate with a fucking scaeva and a 280pdps sword.

As for why nephalim thinks life sucks, well, everyone has opinions, and from his videos and build guides, Neph seems to be the kind of player that likes playing the most OP stuff, in the most OP ossible variant, so as to speed through red maps with minimal possible risk. He can also afford to make builds like that. Each to his own, I guess.

To an extent, though, he isn't entirely wrong. ES used to be on par with life, until it gained way too many buffs. Also, life flasks kinda suck, they need to heal for higher values. In the current state of the game, it's not comfortable to play builds with lower than 6/7k life/ES pool, and even then only with huge amounts of mitigation/avoidance.

@Nephalim, if you have a super high level duelist, you could try this tree with a belly of the beast, with good enough gear you can hit 7k life.

If you really want to go ES based, you may want to play a Varunastra Assassin getting AoE from both templar and witch. Bakedchicken has something like on his youtube.

Well Mathil kills atziri with 5k Hp so i guess hp doesnt suck right? Yep he did kill her with lacerate but the overall speed of this skill compared to many other is bad,i used to play this as well,i mean,you can kill her with auto attack as long as you dodge. Im using the word "suck" because the OP decided to use it for some reason,since "suck" means useless,which is wrong. And yea lacerate is WEAK,no mater who clears what,the skill needs buff.

Maybe ES is stronger for reasons which GGG should change,but when i see "suck" for something that clearly doesn't it kind of "triggers" me.

Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 30, 2016, 12:02:58 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Can you post your gear set? I'm having a hard time breaking 6000 on my slayer much less 7500. 7500 would DEFINITELY be viable end game as opposed to 5500.

I took my reave slayer into a t12 overgrown ruin with 5000 life and 2000 Es and he somehow died to loathe on critical hit. One of the easiest bosses in the game.

I used Kaoms,which i guess invalidates everything i say,but as i said,i respeced to jugg because the game became literally easy mode.
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

I used Kaoms,which i guess invalidates everything i say,but as i said,i respeced to jugg because the game became literally easy mode.

When I say suck, I mean it is inferior in every way possible to an alternative but not totally unviable. Atziri is pointless I want to know how well his 5000 life abysus char can power level past 90, don't think it takes a genius to figure out the answer.

And yes you kind of just did invalidate your points about high life buffers by using koam's :(
I specifically mentioned some exceptions including koams in my initial post.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

When I say suck, I mean it is inferior in every way possible to an alternative but not totally unviable. Atziri is pointless I want to know how well his 5000 life abysus char can power level past 90, don't think it takes a genius to figure out the answer.

And yes you kind of just did invalidate your points about high life buffers by using koam's :(
I specifically mentioned some exceptions including koams in my initial post.

well i will again disagree. with prophecy i started with this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862

which i changed to my liking.(you can see the build in my profile)

this gear is less than exalt,health is barely 5k,cleared everything with no problem,including normal Atziri(which is something i find currious,since for some reason people brag with,i mean she is easy),and by no problem i mean complete faceroll. Later i spend 6exalts for belly and new weapon so i can clear core(was around 5500hp).

We are talking slayer there,and in my eyes this is more of a AOE farmer,he just doesn't have enough defense do mitigate sudden bursts,unlike gladiator. Which might indeed result in oneshots depending on your build. And yea,abysus isn't something i like TBH,and puting this on slayer which has nothing to defend himself from suddend burst(when you play HP),i see why you don't like HP.

Try jugg/vaal pact berserker,the game gets boring.

PS,not saying slayer is bad,im going for it in AoW,still can clear the entire game and he's really fast boss killer,just not as safe as these 3 ascendancy i listed. Mathil for example rekt everything with it,even uber malachai/uber atziri were a joke,without Kaom.Since slayer has the damage but needs to heavily invest in defense by other means.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 30, 2016, 12:31:55 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

Look at my character BringerofBloodyRain. I just checked now, its 7.2k life no chest, but im currently using a retch, with an LC and a nice leather belt with t1 life that's easily 7.7k. The character is also only lvl 92. The tree I posted for dw crit sword lacerate has a bit less life and strength, but you'll still be well over 7k easily. But you do need life every-fucking-where you can get it. Jewels, str, you name it. Ofc, with a Kaom's its about 9k.

Also, mind linking me your crit hege build?

Edit: @Kasapnica First of all, slayer is pretty damn tanky, what with endlsss hunger and all. Gladiator can get unlucky with blocks and stuff and die. I've played max block builds before. Jugg gets it's ass kicked in no regen maps with added ele damage(you can get all three together, really rippy).

Next, we are talking about super high dps and clear speed builds here. This is also at a really high budget level. You'll find that there's a difference between atziri/uber killing builds and leveling to 100 builds. You need to be able to not die. That means have shit tons of hp/es. Any super-endgame bow/melee build will use either LC(6k hp minimum) or Kaoms.

It's not about clearing everything, its about surviving those volatiles that hit you for 8k, or those boss crits, like Neph was talking about. The type of content he's looking to optimize his builds for is rather different from what most players play. We're talking red maps, rippy mods, super fast.

Finally, Mathil doesn't quite count :D
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 30, 2016, 1:02:55 PM
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Look at my character BringerofBloodyRain. I just checked now, its 7.2k life no chest, but im currently using a retch, with an LC and a nice leather belt with t1 life that's easily 7.7k. The character is also only lvl 92. The tree I posted for dw crit sword lacerate has a bit less life and strength, but you'll still be well over 7k easily. But you do need life every-fucking-where you can get it. Jewels, str, you name it. Ofc, with a Kaom's its about 9k.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1630471
I think one handed melee life build sucks the most. On the other hand, 2 handed is not at a bad position with access to kaoms. I don't see why anyone would not want to wear kaoms with a 2 handed weapon. I played ranger for most of my poe time and I got so disappointed when I tried out life reave. It's only good for trash mobs. If there is a harder hitting boss it's so easy to rip especially when you are in a party and cant kill the boss in seconds. In the end I was forced to spec into LS/ST. Recently I just got back to the game and tried out earthquake with 6L hege and legacy kaoms. I clear so fast even in parties and can tank most bosses in the game under most mods. It's so damn fun. I have about 9k life with leg kaoms. With nonleg kaom I'm probably gonna be end up with somewhere around 7.5-8k.

Here is the guide I partially followed. He has really good gears but I don't think they are essential to be powerful.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1685571

edit: saw that you played crit staff EQ already. well then. I don't know if 2 handed crit sword lacerate works well or not. but it is a cool skill.
Last edited by LBJames on Aug 30, 2016, 1:06:30 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1630471

Ok. Holy Shit. I have to make a build like that. I know i can afford it, already have most of the required gear.

Btw, have you considered voidheart?

Edit: Looked at the tree, this seems to be an improvement:https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBALkdFeyK8OlGypCE2Ud-AdyplL02d-N4eodqZU2pbqknvqfAGoTveA1vO9rBtfIuU3TtNZLTbwUt_o_YvXrvTeP-CqZX8kW3Pjrhg8w8LYNfxq4LYcT2r2yvp3KpaPIczqyq9zLwHytQWfOSfaIADc0aOO1E3CMEs_5UkFW8mphvwGYnL0Fy5c-t8TwFRUfJZxhdn9_vfDLR6-6nCI9G2CQTcTbFXqUfAliuBAc0MYPbTLP7i1XGRX6XlSBuOlgOXFJTUDBq-j1fl_RtGQj0wFS86mpDrj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgXz_2SIzPPfxYYw==

And there's even more life nodes to take at higher levels.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 30, 2016, 1:16:07 PM
Voidheart did not exist during the time I created the build but yes it would be a nice addition.
I could of also used a legacy koams heart since I was using the staff with a silly 6 link leap slam setup anyways.
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 30, 2016, 1:27:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info