HD or 4K laptop

Hi, there's decision to get a FullHD or 4K laptop (15'6 inch). Since i'm now using 1366x768, not sure how much difference is with 4k. Both computers are exactly the same stats except the screen and price difference is 120€. Of course this video card won't support games on 4k but how is the experience in general of 4k?
Other stats:
Lenovo y50-70
Intel i7-4720hq
Geforce gtx 960m (4GB)
16gb ram (DDR3)
512gb (SSD)
IGN: TasKitas
Last edited by TasKitas on Aug 28, 2016, 2:48:39 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 7:22:04 AM
4k just looks silkier rather than more detailed as the human eye cannot see the extra detail.Youtube has some videos that look really nice in 4K https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNJdPyoqt8U but they look pretty nice in standard HD.
4K is just amazing.. if you can afford, do it.. im serious.. path looks SOOO good on it. i dont have but but bf has an acer 4K with his crazy nvidia card.. you'll also be futureproofing
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Aug 28, 2016, 2:43:25 PM
"
4K is just amazing.. if you can afford, do it.. im serious.. path looks SOOO good on it. i dont have but but bf has an acer 4K with his crazy nvidia card.. you'll also be futureproofing

Maybe you know which video card he has?
780 Ti
POE is life. POE is ♥.
I prefer 21:9 running on a 144hz monitor over higher res 16:9/10 at lower hz personally.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I prefer 21:9 running on a 144hz monitor over higher res 16:9/10 at lower hz personally.

"
780 Ti

The point is, this is laptop and the video card isn't that powerfull
Right, guess I should have specified from a productivity standpoint as well as gaming.
Either way thanks, i see now on 15'6 and laptop it won't feel much different ^^
why would u go 4k if you can't game on it anyway? I mean u want to watch the desktop in 4k? ;P

seriously mate i'd suggest rather spending that money on getting a better gpu. isn't there a model with the same stuff, but a 970m instead of the 960m?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info