Looking for best RF build

Hello,
Im looking for a build that only uses RF. is this still a thing or no?

Super tanky RF build.

Any help would be great.
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 3:24:30 AM
Pure rf is a death sentence. At least mixing in fire storm or some other skill that gains the spell damage boost of rf is leagues better than standing there walking around, especially in high enemy hp maps. It also makes no regen maps an absolute no to have no secondary skill and 60/40% maps go quicker and safer with another spell.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Aug 28, 2016, 1:16:27 PM
Good to know. So use RF as a spell booster.

What class makes the best RF/caster.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
Good to know. So use RF as a spell booster.

What class makes the best RF/caster.

Easily Chieftain hands down. I don't think you can pick a node on that tree that doesn't help rf in some way other than Tukohama which would be rf totems.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

nice rf ring, me thinks. random, but when i found it, its what i thoguht of.. ive never run rf but figured this was good!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"

nice rf ring, me thinks. random, but when i found it, its what i thoguht of.. ive never run rf but figured this was good!

Uh. It's okay I guess? The crafted mod is entirely pointless. If it had room for another suffix (it doesn't), strength would be better. As-is, fire damage would be the best remaining prefix.

But the optimal RF ring has 79 life and 55 strength. And is coral. And then has resists as desired (it turns out resists are really easy to overcap, and you only need to super-overcap fire without caring about going past 75 [standard] or 79 [hardcore].
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 28, 2016, 3:39:13 PM
Is it better to go life based RF or ES based RF?

Also what are the best DPS spells to use with RF or are there any melee skills i could use?
"

Also what are the best DPS spells to use with RF or are there any melee skills i could use?

You can cyclone elemental equilibrium with non fire attack damage, otherwise flame surge, fire storm, anything fire based could kind of work with it at minimum.

Life is much easier to gear for in my experience. Don't know much about es based.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Aug 28, 2016, 6:52:30 PM
"
Pure rf is a death sentence.

My Trickster only uses RF, Vaal Disc and Whirling Blades. Trick of Flames because names are hard. VDisc pushes Regen to beyond 10k/sec and grants some 65% More Damage, Vinktar for Shock, Whirl applies EE. It's quite melty.

My usual partner in crime made a Life RF build (Pocket Sun) that only uses Flame Surge to melt Uniques, everything else dies from the AoE (and Vinktar). He uses Flame Surge a bit more liberally in Smothering Maps for the 1% Leech, but the casting slows him down a little (welp so much for synergy).

The Trickster is purely RF-based, and the Chieftain is essentially pure RF - the Flame Surge is for expedience, it's not a requisite. It's perfectly viable to use RF on its own.

"Easily Chieftain hands down. I don't think you can pick a node on that tree that doesn't help rf in some way other than Tukohama which would be rf totems."
This one's just a nitpick: Hinekora and Ngamahu also do nothing for RF. :p
(Damage over Time cannot benefit from conditional modifiers such as Ngamahu, sadly)

e; the Berserker could be a risky but highly powerful alternative. Huh. If I get a decent Life/Str helmet with the 40% More Elemental Damage essence, I will probably make a zerker for mad deeps.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 28, 2016, 6:46:17 PM
"

You can cyclone elemental equilibrium with non fire attack damage, otherwise flame surge, fire storm, anything fire based could kind of work with it at minimum.

Life is much easier to gear for in my experience. Don't know much about es based.

Edit: somehow quoted wrong message.

Edit2: I'm having problems. meant to correct my original post.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Aug 28, 2016, 6:52:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info