WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

The 'OP builds' have been back and forth. When I first got Wolcen, crossbow builds were extremely OP, then they nerfed crossbow builds, and then mages and DW 2h whirlwind melee was OP. Rain of fire, fireball, and whirlwind get nerfed, and then it's something else. Insert 'thunderbolt' which is more OP than fireball ever was....It seems to change frequently. I'm OK with dramatic changes in Alpha. But I hope this doesn't remain to be a consistent pattern well into development. I'm not looking for another PoE-like 'shuffle up the meta' every patch type game. If I take 2 months off from a game, come back and what I had previously isn't even in a workable state, I don't reroll, I uninstall, and possibly drop a review bomb on steam. So yeah, I'm one of *those* guys.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 3, 2017, 6:17:11 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I tried a defense-heavy character yesterday to see if maybe it was just me trying to get away with dex/crit melee, but nope, she was getting wrecked by level 10. The new 'armour' system is a bit convoluted but basically it 'covers' a set amount of your health. Once you drop below that visual threshold, things get ugly quick. It's clearly an idea they wanted to try out without fully rebalancing the game around it.

Ok so i tried it out again 2 days ago after looking at this thead.. When i got to the first town i jumped right into the dungeon thing and leveled to 7 in there in like 16 mins... by the time i was done i was destroying shit as a caster... Seemed like the progression was quite a bit off atleast as a caster anyway. I mean i also tried to kite everything and not get hit at all since when i did get hit i took pretty heavy damage but i wasn't allocating my main stat points at all and only learning new spells as i went and nothing else.

Well i did spec into the tree of course but still i seem to be pretty damn OP by the end damage wise with no main stat allocation.. Im kinda thinking being able to jump right into that dungeon is a bit overkill and should be restricted to high lvl or something. Thats was what i noticed too was making super powerful is nice blue gear was dropping like pez in there. While the story content i was barely getting whites. is that just me? or am i missing something here?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Just checked this game out, WOW the graphics are literally the best ive seen for a ARPG, hands down. Should be a great game.
I hope Wolcen Developers are watching carefully this new 3.1 extension as a reminder that sometime things can go too far.

Forum pvp
Greetings PoE community.

I'm new here, just started with PoE a few days ago and i'm loving it so far.

I recently stumbled upon Wolcen on steam and it seems interesting, did the game evolve and improved since the early access release in 2016?

Being a hack and slash action rpg i see that in the game's description it says that it is open world, what does that mean in a game of this genre?
In short is Wolcen worth it in your opinion?

What strengths and weaknesses does it have in comparison with PoE?

I'm just wondering if, being in early access since 2016, this game is worth trying? It certainly looks awesome in terms of graphics but i really don't know much about it because i just discovered a few days ago on steam.
Not the person who asked, but that was a great write-up.

Thanks. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Okay. Now, i'm sold.
Keeps looking better and better.
I have it on my watchlist, though I'm still not fond of Alpha games in general...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Same. Early Access & $20 is a bit.. iffy. But what it does have looks amazing and interesting.
$20 is a full game that's either old, on sale or some small company from the top shelf at walmart "10,001 levels!" "100's of hours of enjoyment!" type games.
rawr. fear me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info