Software engineers are the new vegans

Spoiler
and software developers, programmers, etc.

We all know how vegans and LGBT people love letting everyone know about what they are/support. Whether it's in their Tinder bio or in whatever comment section. It seems like software engineers have adopted their obnoxious behavior.

Why do they have to let everyone know about their job?

It doesn't matter where you are, you'll always see them flaunting about it whenever they can.

A Youtube video about how to make a meal in only 5 minutes?
"Nice video. As a software engineer I don't have much time to cook. This will help."

A forum about natural medicine?
"As a software engineer I tend to have headaches. Natural medicine will help."

"Ordering something at McDonald's?
"Yeah it'll be very large coffee because I'm a software engineer, lot of work."

Do firefighters let everyone know about their job?
Do NBA stars let everyone know about their star status?
Do doctors let everyone know about their job?

No one cares except the other software engineers. You're not blowing anyone away. If anything, bragging about it will only cause a massive cheetos and mountain Dew circlejerk that reeks of piss and greasy manbuns. Girls aren't impressed and will cringe more than anything.

It reminds me of this
Spoiler

They even make sure to capitalize the first letter of each word - Software Engineer.

It's also worth mentioning that any dumbass can go to college these days. We've all seen how stupid some college students can be. It's nothing to brag about.

So shut up we don't care.
Last edited by Jaille on Aug 28, 2016, 2:14:15 AM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 10:42:26 AM
SHOTS FIRED!

My dad runs a Software Engineer company. Does that count?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I don't dare to call myself a programmer even though I'm pretty decent at it by now.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Somewhat of a negative post you have here, as a Software Engineer i think you lack the logical rigor and emotional detachment needed to fully comprehend the societal implications you are inferring. Perhaps with more education these skills could develop and you could then to post a more cogent and fact-filled post (which doesnt villainize some of the greatest thinkers of our time).
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Aug 28, 2016, 10:38:25 PM
The people who'd boast the loudest about being vegans were rarely the sort who would stay the course. Vegan as fad, not vegan as conviction.

This holds an implication for those who boast of being software engineers. Probably still in university and liable to change major before completion, if I had to venture a guess.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 28, 2016, 2:44:40 AM
As a Software Engineer, I haven't noticed what you're talking about. No one around me does this.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The people who'd boast the loudest about being vegans were rarely the sort who would stay the course. Vegan as fad, not vegan as conviction.

This holds an implication for those who boast of being software engineers. Probably still in university and liable to change major before completion, if I had to venture a guess.

lol

Reminds me of a buddy of mine, gamer, never worked out in his life, starts posting facebook posts about judo, then uploads a proud photo of himself with a kimono. I don't think he made it past the first few months. But hey, he was a judoka :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 28, 2016, 3:18:32 AM
I'm not sure I should have taken the time to read this thread. Eh. Oh well. As a Software Engineer, I'm sure my mind was working in the background and when I get back to business I'll have some new insights.
"
Jaille wrote:
Spoiler
and software developers, programmers, etc.

We all know how vegans and LGBT people love letting everyone know about what they are/support. Whether it's in their Tinder bio or in whatever comment section. It seems like software engineers have adopted their obnoxious behavior.

Why do they have to let everyone know about their job?

It doesn't matter where you are, you'll always see them flaunting about it whenever they can.

A Youtube video about how to make a meal in only 5 minutes?
"Nice video. As a software engineer I don't have much time to cook. This will help."

A forum about natural medicine?
"As a software engineer I tend to have headaches. Natural medicine will help."

"Ordering something at McDonald's?
"Yeah it'll be very large coffee because I'm a software engineer, lot of work."

Do firefighters let everyone know about their job?
Do NBA stars let everyone know about their star status?
Do doctors let everyone know about their job?

No one cares except the other software engineers. You're not blowing anyone away. If anything, bragging about it will only cause a massive cheetos and mountain Dew circlejerk that reeks of piss and greasy manbuns. Girls aren't impressed and will cringe more than anything.

It reminds me of this
Spoiler

They even make sure to capitalize the first letter of each word - Software Engineer.

It's also worth mentioning that any dumbass can go to college these days. We've all seen how stupid some college students can be. It's nothing to brag about.

So shut up we don't care.

Maybe you are seeing this in online stuff, but the ones I know in R/L don't bring it up unless we are specifically talking about work or something related to programming that they have experience with.

If someone is happy with what they do and proud of their skills, then more power to them!

Girls aren't impressed? What about the coders who are female?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Aug 28, 2016, 9:58:31 PM
As a Software Engineer™, i think you care way to much about this, So shut up we don't care.
anything is everything
Software Engineer haters gonna hate (on software engineers).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info