Particle Effect Optimisations in 2.4.0

"I would like to stress that this is a CPU optimisation and so it will not have any effect on frame rate if your graphics card is the bottleneck."

No improvement for my i5 2500 and 7850 again i guess.
Oh well..
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"I would like to stress that this is a CPU optimisation and so it will not have any effect on frame rate if your graphics card is the bottleneck."

No improvement for my i5 2500 and 7850 again i guess.
Oh well..

I have the GTX 570 ...so its like the same Generation as ur ATI .
I dont think our graphic cards are the bottlenecks ..they have plenty of power and can run a lot of games even nowadays.
This will be a huge improvement for us too !

@GGG
Great work...as always u set the bar really high. I love the communication and feedback with the community. Keep it up.

Thants!
Will this make people willing to play with dischargers, or no help there yet?
Finally, gtx 980 been kicking my i5-4670K with no use. Question is, is this enough to run at constant 120 fps :)

Well done Vincent and GGG, this is most important update after Lockstep imo.
Last edited by deltis on Aug 28, 2016, 1:32:01 AM
Looks like my i5 760 is too old for this 3:
MANLY TEARS fuck ya!
thanks
Last edited by Tusee on Aug 28, 2016, 1:41:29 AM
"
Marrond wrote:
It might've been mentioned elsewhere in which case I am sorry for asking it again, but how many cores/threads can PoE make effective use of now? Does performance and stability increases linear with amount of utilized threads?

PoE uses DX9 API, so 1 core. They try to get away with making it seem like it can send threads off to other cores, but the game executable uses a single core.
Fearing I will miss out on another round of improvements, so tossing up whether to upgrade at this point or hold off until the DX11 upgrade is completed next year.

Can you clarify one thing... Have you made further improvements to the multithreading optimisations? The preliminary results thread showed an average increase of approx 1.2x in frame rates for real world users, while your screen grab here shows a massive 3x improvement.

With that in mind, is the 2x improvement shown for the particle optimisations anywhere even close to the increase you expect to see in real world situations?
Last edited by Spanka6663 on Aug 28, 2016, 1:58:19 AM
Well done!
I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!!!
Well Done GGG!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info