Conversion Physical to Chaos//Support gems&Skills

Did GGG ever have in consideration of to add in game physical to chaos conversion support gem?

Because Consuming Dark and Voltaxic Rift have been nerfed almost broken, except legacy Consuming Dark which may still have some use. There is also other conversion gems (skills/supports) like phys to fire, phys to lightning, Avatar of Fire (notable), cold to fire, etc.
Then, why not phys to chaos, or just add the Avatar of chaos (similarly to Avatar of Fire) near CI notable or wherever?
Last edited by Tihi1982 on Sep 2, 2016, 7:18:58 AM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 1:23:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Tihi1982 wrote:
Did GGG ever have in consideration of to add in game physical to chaos conversion support gem?

Because Consuming Dark and Voltaxic Rift have been nerfed almost broken, except legacy Consuming Dark which may still have some use. There is also other conversion gems (skills/supports) like phys to fire, phys to lightning, Avatar of Fire (notable), cold to fire, etc.
Then, why not phys to chaos, or just add the Avatar of chaos (similarly to Avatar of Fire) near CI notable or wherever?

See, you're missing the REASON that those were nerfed....

Because 100% chaos damage is insanely powerful.

Physical damage has Poison, and Innsbury Edge. That's ALL it should get. Any more, and suddenly Blade Vortex and Bladefall are even MORE OP than they are now.

And Voltaxic/Consuming Dark ARE still good, just for their INITIAL purpose...Reflect mitigation. They were never MEANT for insane poison scaling, and reflect immunity would be OP as hell.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Tihi1982 wrote:

Physical damage has Poison, and Innsbury Edge. That's ALL it should get. Any more, and suddenly Blade Vortex and Bladefall are even MORE OP than they are now.

And Voltaxic/Consuming Dark ARE still good, just for their INITIAL purpose...Reflect mitigation. They were never MEANT for insane poison scaling, and reflect immunity would be OP as hell.

Discharge and CoC builds are OP as hell and nobody complaining, only malicious people and kids call for nerfing, even with fact that this is the game with graphics from ps2 era with maybe better textures and many pc's lag in groups with dischargers, so that is NOT argument.
"
Tihi1982 wrote:

Discharge and CoC builds are OP as hell and nobody complaining, only malicious people and kids call for nerfing, even with fact that this is the game with graphics from ps2 era with maybe better textures and many pc's lag in groups with dischargers, so that is NOT argument.

Nobody complaining ?
This is just wrong, I do not know if you have been in this section of the forum recently, but I have seen plenty of complains regarding CoC discharge.
Everybody seem to think that it's OP basically.

Now, Chaos is not like elemental damage, you cannot compare it directly.
It is supposed to work differently.
People are not supposed to be able to stack Chaos to deal as much damage as elemental elements, that's the whole point.

Chaos is different.

PS :
This game has nothing like PS2 graphics, but that has absolutely nothing to do with anything here anyway.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Tihi1982 wrote:

as unchained has shown, with two even non-legacy consuming dark's and an infernal mantle, you can still deal some serious hurt with chaos-converted fire damage.

that physical damage can't get nice things due to making two powerful-to-outright-OP skills stronger seems to say there's something wrong with the skills, not with the damage type itself or the idea of converting it.

it's like DnD/pathfinder's whole motivation of "we cant buff monks or the druids will get stronger!", it's silly.
Last edited by AndIMustMask on Aug 28, 2016, 6:20:26 AM
"
AndIMustMask wrote:
as unchained has shown, with two even non-legacy consuming dark's and an infernal mantle, you can still deal some serious hurt with chaos-converted fire damage.

that physical damage can't get nice things due to making two powerful-to-outright-OP skills stronger seems to say there's something wrong with the skills, not with the damage type itself or the idea of converting it.

it's like DnD/pathfinder's whole motivation of "we cant buff monks or the druids will get stronger!", it's silly.

As I said....You CAN convert SOME Physical to Chaos. Use 2 Innsbury Edge, and 50% of your Physical damage. Anything MORE than 50% would be risking OPness.

Please, catch the entirety of what I said.

- Sheepster
"
Tihi1982 wrote:

Discharge and CoC builds are OP as hell and nobody complaining

It has already been said that CoC will be nerfed.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
AndIMustMask wrote:

As I said....You CAN convert SOME Physical to Chaos. Use 2 Innsbury Edge, and 50% of your Physical damage. Anything MORE than 50% would be risking OPness.

Why i will use insbury edge, just for conversion?

My question is NOT how to convert physical to chaos, it was suggestion how to make conversion support gem similarly to physical to lightning, or just making physical spell skill which permanently convert some part of phys to chaos like viper strike already does. Something like: this support gem convert 50%-100% phys to chaos and supported skills deal 25% LESS physical damage. Main reason is because this game still doesn't have pure chaos skills except essence drain which is related to spells and caustic arrow/viper strike related to attacks.
Last edited by Tihi1982 on Aug 28, 2016, 10:27:42 AM
"
Tihi1982 wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
AndIMustMask wrote:

My question is NOT how to convert physical to chaos, it was suggestion how to make conversion support gem similarly to physical to lightning, or just making physical spell skill which permanently convert some part of phys to chaos like viper strike already does. Something like: this support gem convert 50%-100% phys to chaos and supported skills deal 25% LESS physical damage. Main reason is because this game still doesn't have pure chaos skills except essence drain which is related to spells and caustic arrow/viper strike related to attacks.

There's a REASON this game doesn't have a lot of pure chaos skills. Chaos is simply the BEST damage type, AND it offers Poison. If everything can become Chaos...Then that's ALL anyone will do. Weren't you here for the Voltaxic 100% conversions, Poison Spark? Or Poison Flameblast with Consuming Darks? Fire Damage, Cold Damage, and Lightning Damage...Were suddenly ALL CHAOS. Why? Because it's almost never resisted, offers poison, and offers immunity from an entire game mechanic, Reflect. Any map roll offering Elemental Equilibrium, Resistance of any kind....Chaos doesn't have to care.

If a gem offering even 50% was allowed, then suddenly EVERYONE would use 2x Innsbury Edge and be 100% chaos with all their physical damage.

It's TOO STRONG. It can't happen without breaking the game.

- Sheepster
"
Tihi1982 wrote:

Do you realize how ridiculously broken that would be ???
There would be no reason to play other skill, for min maxers, absolutely none.
50% LESS phys, 25% phys to chaos that would be more in line already, and it would still be too strong probably.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info