Still crashing a lot, any suggestions to try before 2.4 hits?

Okay so I have been crashing at least once or twice a play-session all league long. Today, I logged in to try to level my Shadow the last half-level before I could equip my last jewel and call the character finished, but I crashed at least 5 times in the past hour and decided to quit. Crashes in maps, crashes in town doing stash, crashes in Uber Lab.

Is anyone else still having problems? Has anyone solved their problems? I want to try to get my game stable before Atlas hits so I can low-life (not quite no-life ;) ) it and not feel terrible due to crashes.

Posting this in gameplay because I crash frequently enough that it's a gameplay issue :/

edit: I'm playing on WinX, Intel Ivybridge i5, Nvidia GTX 760, and had no issues before 2.3. I don't remember any crashes during Perandus, but this league it's been just terrible. All settings on low seemed to help a bit at first but now I'm not so sure.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Aug 27, 2016, 6:14:30 PM
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2016, 10:36:13 PM
I went through a period of lots of crashes a while back. I think trying different versions of the graphics card driver solved it. For a while anyway. I recently had some serious unrecoverable crashes and errors involving lots of attempts at reboots and safe mode stuff. I attributed it to upgrading to windows 10 the week before. I even tried the option to revert to windows 7 and the stupid thing told me it couldn't do that. Lol, so I guess that was just a "fool you" trick to get you to upgrade? Anyway, I had the windows 7 dvd in and was inches from pressing the wipe and reinstall button and thought..."if this isn't the problem I'm really making a mistake". Since I did have previous graphics problems I decided to run to the store and get another graphics card just in case. Turned out that fixed all my problems. I guess my card was going bad and would intermittently cause the crashes. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is maybe try a new graphics card before doing something more drastic. Best Buy told me I could return the one I bought within 15 days, so if that wasn't the answer, I wasn't out anything more than a couple trips to the store.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Well I found something that might help, which was exiting nvidia Geforce Experience. After I did that I didn't get any crashes today. I'll keep trying that, and if I get more crashes then I'll have to try other things too.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info