Sad experience on perma HC

Hello guys, so if some friends read this you know I am not really playing recently and only come online from time to time to talk to friends(because they are those who kept me playing actively for so long).. so yesterday as usually I was just online to talk to some friends. And some guy PMed me wanting to buy something maybe 20 chaos worth item? or so.. . So I was thinking like "alright, I´m not really playing now I can give him for free w/e.." so he came into my hideout trade window popped up so I put item in and click accept asap so we don´t need to waste time him taking currency off again. Right as he saw I gave him the item for free he accepted and instantly went offline without even thanking most likely thinking i rushed it and clicked it by misstake so not to want it back.. after this experience i will never do it again to random people.. not like I care about these chaos but it´s sad to see how community changed (I had couple similiar experiences right before I decided to take a break so I am not basing it on just on guy!) when I can still rememember how people could trade just by throwing items on the ground and exchanging it.. and never got scammed. Today people doesn´t even say thanks for gifted item.. oh well..
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Aug 27, 2016, 7:11:32 AM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 2:54:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Um... you met a guy who didn't care about your feelings. News flash... there's about 7 billion others just like him. We're playing a game. People see you pretty much the same way they see an NPC. You did a nice thing. Good. Keep it up. Don't expect anything in return.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 27, 2016, 7:23:55 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You did a nice thing. Good. Keep it up. Don't expect anything in return.

This applies to RL as well by the way.
"
Ubicaaa wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You did a nice thing. Good. Keep it up. Don't expect anything in return.

This applies to RL as well by the way.

Sadly =(
I have had markedly different experiences, like someone who bought one of my items and gave me extra because he thought it was worth it, or the guys who have given me tips without me even caring about them when I offer something for free in Global 820. I've also had people trying to scam me. you can't take one experience as signifying that the community has changed.

People are different and react differently.
There there big fella, you will get over it.

Seriously though, do good if it makes you feel better, do bad if it makes you feel better. Don't rely on others to dictate your mood, unless your willingly doing so and anticipating the fact it might backfire.

Type /dance a few times to get over it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Don't give up, few weeks ago, after i lost my char in phc i gave away some leftovers (currency + tabula) to a guy that wanted to buy stupid gem listed for 4 alts maybe, cause he just started the league. I was really happy to se him getting over 80 later:)
I usually throw random discounts to people in a similar manner.
There's never a thanks so I don't expect one anymore ^^
Following your morals should be enough of a reward tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

I gifted dicent items in start of league to people in town but i noticed it waste loot of time and dont even go that well.

Join the Guild and gift to people there, its smartest thing to do i noticed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info