How To Fix Scion EV Wheel

I would just slap something of equal value to the EV cluster while leaving everything else the same (doesnt require to adjust WHOLE tree just for this one minor change). Adding 2% movement/life to small nodes and 10% dodge/life to the notable would put the custer on pair with the ES/life one.

Changing whole tree (because that would be required to balance clusters) requires way too much effort just to fix one passing route.

Also "you're" not "your".
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Aug 27, 2016, 12:03:35 PM
10% dodge would be completely broken.

Life would be redundant to the life wheel.

Turning the life wheel to the armour wheel and add some other life nodes elsewhere could work.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

EV wheel by Scion has been unchanged since I started playing in 2013, and I'm sure older players who were in closed beta can opine on whether these nodes were the same in 2011/2012.

There was no Scion back then, the middle part of the tree was completely different.

I do not think that EV has as much problems as many people want to make it look like honestly, and I do feel that this cluster is pretty strong actually, if you want EV.
If you just pass through and have a use for EV, then you have one pretty strong node in the middle, and it's only 3 points. The other nodes around though .... could use some love, I agree with that.
Give those other nodes a 1%inc movespeed each maybe ?

Yes Scion was not there, but her circle and these surrounding clusters were still there. I only started playing like mid-2013 so I can't say if it was like that in old beta - but I'm pretty sure it was.

The problem with the EV % inc. nodes is that they are just too useless - EV has diminishing returns. The higher your EV % rating, the harder it is to get an incremental EV % chance. You can take 6 of these nodes and maybe your EV % chance would only change by like 2%.

That's why you will not see a Dreamfeather build taking this wheel - which IMO really accentuates how bad these nodes are.

-----

We need to remember that the game is supposedly "balanced" around the total amount of life available on the tree. Which is why when GGG made those life node nerfs - they did it for the entire tree.

I believe the ES and Life Scion wheels are here to stay - changing the life to AR or something else would automatically make the life potential for every build in the game much lower. Which would call into question the need to nerf monster damage across the board etc.

That's why I feel it is easier to just change the EV wheel rather than try and re-balance the 2 other wheels.

These wheels take a lot of points - so if it's not attractive no one will take the nodes. No one will take accuracy either (the other component of Dexterity). Flask effect / duration is very attractive as flasks have become such an important part of builds compared to 3 years ago. It fits the nature / herbal / healing theme of dex as well.

I like the dodge idea - however dodge, unlike ES or life, has a hard cap. GGG has already introduced so much dodge into this game (new uniques, quartz, Ascension, Vaal Grace) that builds can hit max dodges easily now. I doubt people will spend the points pathing into a dodge wheel, when they can already hit the max of 75% so easily. Acro itself is like 5 points which is already a good amount of points.

Let's be honest - if it wasn't for Phase Acro sitting 4 points behind Acro, i.e. if Phase Acro was just a separate node, I believe most people would just grab Acro and stop there and leave the smaller dodge nodes.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 27, 2016, 12:22:38 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Yes Scion was not there, but her circle and these surrounding clusters were still there. I only started playing like mid-2013 so I can't say if it was like that in old beta - but I'm pretty sure it was.

The problem with the EV % inc. nodes is that they are just too useless - EV has diminishing returns. The higher your EV % rating, the harder it is to get an incremental EV % chance. You can take 6 of these nodes and maybe your EV % chance would only change by like 2%.

That's why you will not see a Dreamfeather build taking this wheel - which IMO really accentuates how bad these nodes are.

-----

We need to remember that the game is supposedly "balanced" around the total amount of life available on the tree. Which is why when GGG made those life node nerfs - they did it for the entire tree.

I believe the ES and Life Scion wheels are here to stay - changing the life to AR or something else would automatically make the life potential for every build in the game much lower. Which would call into question the need to nerf monster damage across the board etc.

That's why I feel it is easier to just change the EV wheel rather than try and re-balance the 2 other wheels.

These wheels take a lot of points - so if it's not attractive no one will take the nodes. No one will take accuracy either (the other component of Dexterity). Flask effect / duration is very attractive as flasks have become such an important part of builds compared to 3 years ago. It fits the nature / herbal / healing theme of dex as well.

I like the dodge idea - however dodge, unlike ES or life, has a hard cap. GGG has already introduced so much dodge into this game (new uniques, quartz, Ascension, Vaal Grace) that builds can hit max dodges easily now. I doubt people will spend the points pathing into a dodge wheel, when they can already hit the max of 75% so easily. Acro itself is like 5 points which is already a good amount of points.

Let's be honest - if it wasn't for Phase Acro sitting 4 points behind Acro, i.e. if Phase Acro was just a separate node, I believe most people would just grab Acro and stop there and leave the smaller dodge nodes.

I do not remember actual wheels of life / ES / EV like this, but it has been a while I have to say.

You say that EV has diminishing returns, but the more %EV you have, the more every single point becomes significant, so it's not completely true.
Armour works the same way, still stacking a ton of armour can be very beneficial.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
eragon1111 wrote:
I would just slap something of equal value to the EV cluster while leaving everything else the same (doesnt require to adjust WHOLE tree just for this one minor change). Adding 2% movement/life to small nodes and 10% dodge/life to the notable would put the custer on pair with the ES/life one.

Changing whole tree (because that would be required to balance clusters) requires way too much effort just to fix one passing route.

Also "you're" not "your".

There is a reason why dodge is locked behind the downsides of the key-stone.

It will not happen.

I am trying to be realistic and see what's achievable. your trying to buff it, when in reality you can also bring the other clusters on par with it.(or divide the total combined power more equally)

I already use that travel cluster in a lot of builds heading for the life wheel.
So they would simply gain +% life, 10% dodge and %ms from your suggestion while they already perform fine as is.

Suggestions are fine and all, but i reckon it's better to offer realistic options if we want a sliver of hope of GGG actually doing something with them.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I whas thinking many times about Conduit thats on such a strange place i never travel that way on so many difrent builds it becoming iritating att timese specialy now with litle buff it got.

Same thing is with evasion circle. My point is will it be some how more wort it if you got Conduit conected next to evasion circle, it should make it bit more convinient and unique.
I think we got blody Arcane vision next to Pain Attument thats suraunded with ES heven so whay not buff evasion circle.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 27, 2016, 12:59:21 PM
I like the idea of changing the life wheel to armour thematically. You have 3 defined defenses so a wheel for each would make sense. They could easily incorporate the life nodes into the other wheels. Nobody's ever going to choose the evasion wheel over the life or ES wheel. But changing the life wheel to armour would just be skipped the same as the evasion wheel is now. Maybe the wheels need more direct mitigations. Instead of armour give like damage reduction percentages or add some kind of "increased effectiveness of armour" or something. Would even be appealing to ES and Evasion builds. An Evasion wheel a little harder to make appealing because I think dodge is too strong. Maybe Instead of "increased" evasion it could be "more" or something. Or increased bonus evasion from dexterity. It could even be something off the wall like "reduced penalty from Acrobatics". But somehow they need to make that wheel more appealing.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
flat % reduction is extremely potent, which is why we only have 1 node providing it in the entire passive tree. And obviously endurance charges, but those come with a maintenance cost.

more% evasion is the same scenario, it is extremely potent and the reason why grace only gives a flat amount.
We don't even see it on the passive tree but only on a single ascendancy tree under a condition(raider onslaught path)

Now about the "will just be skipped part", if both evasion and armor wheel provide reasonable % of life, then you need to take into account their proximity which also provides efficiency when making passive tree's.

Another thing i was contemplating was giving the big evasion node "-30 flat physical reduction from hit's"
and then give the other big evasion nodes the same.(keep in mind, this would also effect physical spells since they are also considered hits)

Upwards of -150 flat physical reduction from hit's (5 big evasion nodes should get this)

Now if anybody remembers the potency of the old arctic armor it will be clear how efficient it can be to grab all these. And even a single one should be noticeable.
Even iron reflex builds could be going after them since their potential is also strong for armor builds.

Peace,

-Boem-
Certainly the potency can be adjusted by spreading the effects out making the effect per passive balanced with the amount of investment needed to "abuse" the mechanic.

I like the flat damage reduction. The issue people have with evasion is that it doesn't help when you actually do get hit. The flat thing could be used for armour and evasion as well. Maybe getting the whole evasion wheel gives you the same flat evasion as running grace. Or the armour wheel giving you similar flat armour.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
You can't.

Since things like Qotf and dreamfeather exist. Giving 2x grace aura to those builds for investment that they already most likely make is unwise.

And flat armor behaves entirely different then evasion because it does have access to a more multiplier already.(the double armor from body armor from juggernaut is a good example of how insanely strong it can be)

A flat physical on hit reduction works because it doesn't interact with a lot of mechanics and simply increases the potency of the defenses further.

And it's potency is already demonstrates since GGG effectively removed a buff that gave 212 of this value.(which is why i would spread it out over the entire bottom right tree, making it hard to reach the 150 value total)

It's also one of those things that won't be apparent strong to everybody. Which is something i am fond of.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info