Just hit 35.... any advice for 36?

I just hit 35 by completing the 1000 rampage streak earlier today.

With a little less than a week at most left in prophecy, is it worth going for the last achieve?

Here's what I have left:
Div card sets (0/7) - i have some of the cards; considering buying the rest (though trade is kinda dead)
Twinned maps clear - need 2, 10, 12-15
8 mods clear - only have tier 1, would need 2-10
Maps from map bosses (139/300) - been considering just spamming low tier maps to get max shots at this one
Endgame grinds (0/2) - I have ~500/1200 Voll, 11/40 Uber Izaro, 7/100 Atz. I have 18 Offerings available.

I'm not desperate for the monkey but it might be nice. Any advice?

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2016, 1:44:59 PM
8 mod is pretty trivial if you have some currency. Friend and I knocked it over in about half an hour in Perandus. (EDIT: was it Perandus? Last time it was a challenge, anyway.)
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 26, 2016, 10:21:28 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
8 mod is pretty trivial if you have some currency. Friend and I knocked it over in about half an hour in Perandus. (EDIT: was it Perandus? Last time it was a challenge, anyway.)

So basically alc maps and then spam Vaal Orbs till I get enough 8 mods? (I def have enough 2-10 map bases)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Yeah exactly. Just make sure you know the multi-line map mods so you can tell what is actually 8 mods. :D
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 26, 2016, 10:36:23 PM
In my opinion,

Twinned Maps > 8 Mod Maps > Div Cards

Don't think you'll have time for any of the grinds, even spamming maps gets boring after a while, and I had to use 100 Atziri's just to chunk into that.

I honestly think Twinned is your best bet. Get a bunch of Alts, go ham.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Just buy twinned maps.
Have to agree on 8 mod. Think its cheaper than twinned. Although I personally have made all my 8 mod maps last 2 leagues so I don't really care about cost, moreso about self finding as much as I can without feeling stunted.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Twinned is easy if you can kill Twinned Kaom. It is more expensive than getting the 8 mod maps though, mostly because you need to use red maps. Also it takes a bit longer to actually run 15 maps instead of only 10 maps for 8mod.

8 mod maps are easy enough to craft, but can get some really crazy mods on the Yellow maps. I ended up doing them with a friend; for one of the maps I literally couldn't do anything because of the mods so I just stuck some auras on and ran around trying to avoid enemies while they killed them all.

Div cards costs way more than the other two, but only requires money, no need to run maps really.

Don't even consider endgame grind or map drops, those are like three or 4 tiers above the others in terms of how long it will take.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 27, 2016, 3:18:55 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Twinned is easy if you can kill Twinned Kaom. It is more expensive than getting the 8 mod maps though, mostly because you need to use red maps. Also it takes a bit longer to actually run 15 maps instead of only 10 maps for 8mod.

8 mod maps are easy enough to craft, but can get some really crazy mods on the Yellow maps. I ended up doing them with a friend; for one of the maps I literally couldn't do anything because of the mods so I just stuck some auras on and ran around trying to avoid enemies while they killed them all.

Div cards costs way more than the other two, but only requires money, no need to run maps really.

Don't even consider endgame grind or map drops, those are like three or 4 tiers above the others in terms of how long it will take.

Not to mention that Prophecy ends on the 29th so depending on your timezone and free time to dedicate to the game, end game grind may easily be an all weekend sprint to even consider getting done.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Aug 27, 2016, 3:29:20 AM
I did the cards because a buddy gave me his so I had a good starter deck but it still took a long time, actually so long I got ultimately got pissed and bought the rest. It isn't the matter of low drops as much as non-map areas being so bad for farming, aqueducts are fine and mines are so-so but riverways already have a bit of drop penalty, marketplace sometimes seems like a monstrous treasure map in the sense it has no monsters at all and cruel broken bridge is out of the question. But it's also low drops, first mercenary dropped after 20-30 high quantity coves and gorges.

8 mods would have been much faster, cheaper and you need only 10 of them unlike twinned, I recommend that if your char isn't a total pushover.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 27, 2016, 4:01:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info