So about those 5 new bosses...with silly

I like the interaction with Boss 2. Feels like GGG is saying that sometimes. One day...TRUE Melee will actually not be awful compared to the rest of the game.

Can't wait for a Melee Splash skill to be even Tier 2. I don't dare hope for T1

- Sheepster
"
bionicg2040 wrote:
I lost a bet so I have to post this. To my friend...i hope your computer melts there I said it.

Boss #5: (breaks eggs.) oh no it is charging at me...(sidestep) oh ok...

Boss #4: sweet now i can kill 6 exiles at once with a pair of tube socks. i wonder if they can fit a strongbox in there so another one jumps out at the end then sees the carnage of 6 other dead mutilated exiles and your character just turns to the extra one with the crazy eyes and the serial killer smile like: "...i will give you a five second head start..."

Hype Team: man melee is going to struggle...nah they got options other than melee it is cool

Melee Player way in the back row: (raises hand) "wait a minute..."

Boss #3: meh the other bosse shall be missed. now to choke out another one of merveil's daughter...i think i will use an old boot for this one...oh it is not one of merveil's daughters? oh i am so sorry i did not mean to suggest...I mean it does look...crud I stand by my words.

Boss #2: first reaction: https://youtu.be/ld2nWfIap2k

(and now for some silly) (DRAMATIZATION!!!) (DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY) (I got anchor arms...I am no wimp I am jerk)

Hype Team: "so we are all in agreement then? To hell with melee. Ok. Just checking"

Melee Player way in the back row: (stands up and raises hand)

Hype Team: "wait i saw someone's hand up for melee...yes you way in the back row."

Melee Player way in the back row: "how are melee players supposed to get near that thing to fight it if does that singularity thing?"

Hype Team: "there are other options you can: play ranged, there are melee totems now. you melee people like totems right? so yeah use a totem, you can summon things that can melee for you which may or may not trigger the bigger void thing (not sure on that need to run test), there are spells you can use to fight safely away from the thing, traps, mines, etc. it should not be an issue for you melee types.

Melee Player way in the back row: "...oh ok because none of the things you described is actually melee. matter of fact you do not even answer the question.

Hype Team: "umm yes we did. you don't play melee"

Melee Player way in the back row: "but we do play melee"

Hype Team: "well then just skip the map"

Melee Player way in the back row: "so how do we complete atlas?"

Hype Team: "look pal stop giving us a hard time, it works for the others just do what they do matter of fact you have Earthquake so there that fixes the problem...moving on"

Melee Player way in the back row: "hold on...first off I ain't your pal. second we have one skill to use that some of use do not use how in the hell is that a solution?"

Hype Team: "stop crying about balance and just play something else there are other play styles"

Melee Player way in the back row: "So punishment for using free will?"

Hype Team: "yes moving on"

Other play styles players: DRAMA!!!

Boss #1: oh no it is leaping at me...(sidestep) oh ok...

Posting something extremely stupid for losing a bet is a lot better than shaving your head or having to put on a dress.
"
Boem wrote:
^Honestly i want to wait before passing judgement.

From the looks of it though i think it's "ok". About boss #2,

1) the boss uses a degen attack

Melee is normally a lot more regen focused, so that can cover the degen part a bit and obviously leach to back it up.

2) the room is small, like fucking really small

So melee should actually be at an advantage here compared to ranged fighters. Though ranged will never trigger the big smash so i hope it doesn't deal a butt-load of damage.

I think they tried to design it quite intelligently.

Boss is going to fuck with dodge and mind over mater based characters though, since they got shit against degens.

And yes R.I.P. crematorium sadly enough, i liked that boss, what a tense fight with stuff like fleet/double boss/-max/ inc aoe etc

Peace,

-Boem-

To be fair, Evasion based Melee is already terrible, and it starts before you even get to any fighting... guess how many green melee supports there are... none, guess which sockets evasion armors roll mostly :P. You basically need to have an AR/EVA chest. When I fought about my Lacerate Raider I wanted him to use Hyrris Ire... that was until I noticed that my Setup would include Multistrike, Melee Physical, Increased Critical Strike and Conc. Effect, those are all multipliers (crit not so much, but the new one to a similar extent), the only possible green multiplier is Hypothermia. The only real Melee Attack you could use is Spectral Throw... and that just uses Melee weapons, but isn't actually Melee.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
^Honestly i want to wait before passing judgement.

From the looks of it though i think it's "ok". About boss #2,

1) the boss uses a degen attack

Melee is normally a lot more regen focused, so that can cover the degen part a bit and obviously leach to back it up.

2) the room is small, like fucking really small

So melee should actually be at an advantage here compared to ranged fighters. Though ranged will never trigger the big smash so i hope it doesn't deal a butt-load of damage.

I think they tried to design it quite intelligently.

Boss is going to fuck with dodge and mind over mater based characters though, since they got shit against degens.

And yes R.I.P. crematorium sadly enough, i liked that boss, what a tense fight with stuff like fleet/double boss/-max/ inc aoe etc

Peace,

-Boem-

To be fair, Evasion based Melee is already terrible, and it starts before you even get to any fighting... guess how many green melee supports there are... none, guess which sockets evasion armors roll mostly :P. You basically need to have an AR/EVA chest. When I fought about my Lacerate Raider I wanted him to use Hyrris Ire... that was until I noticed that my Setup would include Multistrike, Melee Physical, Increased Critical Strike and Conc. Effect, those are all multipliers (crit not so much, but the new one to a similar extent), the only possible green multiplier is Hypothermia. The only real Melee Attack you could use is Spectral Throw... and that just uses Melee weapons, but isn't actually Melee.

I, 100%, agree with you. the only way to do an efficient melee green build is to go projectile, which isn't mother beeping melee at all.

I love the concept of melee evasion, but nope, for every patch, they decide to push melee towards "ranged melee" and evasion to manually evading projectile rather than being a passive. I mean, it would be fine if they add parry that scales off evasion or dex, with the idea of if you can't evade, then parry it. and melee support gems for dexterity.

But, even if, no matter how bad it is, I still won't stop playing evasion type melee.
"
bionicg2040 wrote:
Hype Team: "so we are all in agreement then? To hell with melee. Ok. Just checking"

Hype Team: "wait i saw someone's hand up for melee...yes you way in the back row."

Melee Player way in the back row: "how are melee players supposed to get near that thing to fight it if does that singularity thing?"

Hype Team: "there are other options you can: play ranged, there are melee totems now. you melee people like totems right? so yeah use a totem, you can summon things that can melee for you which may or may not trigger the bigger void thing (not sure on that need to run test), there are spells you can use to fight safely away from the thing, traps, mines, etc. it should not be an issue for you melee types.

Melee Player way in the back row: "...oh ok because none of the things you described is actually melee. matter of fact you do not even answer the question.

Hype Team: "look pal stop giving us a hard time, it works for the others just do what they do matter of fact you have Earthquake so there that fixes the problem...moving on"

Melee Player way in the back row: "hold on...first off I ain't your pal. second we have one skill to use that some of use do not use how in the hell is that a solution?"

Hype Team: "stop crying about balance and just play something else there are other play styles"

Ahahahahahaha

Man this is the best post I have seen on these forums

+infinity and beyond
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Aug 27, 2016, 10:22:46 PM
"

The one thing I didn't like about current crematorium boss is that I have a tendency to get stun locked with 6.8k life by the firestorm. Cause of 90% of my deaths to her. Frustrating.

I don't think that she stun locked me ever ( never fought the very old version, I remeber back 2 years ago people were super scared of her ), and I have 5400 HP.
I am switching to Rise of the phoenix while fightning her though ( and I switch to Kaltenhalt to fight Necropolis Merveil too ).

And I kill her with a concentrated lightning tendrils.

Decoy totem is a huuuuge help in this fight, I would never let my decoy totem go in many boss fights.

I do not get hit often by the storm though, I have to say, but it does trigger my savage hit pretty often, which means it has a chance to stun me.

Back on topic, yeah .... fuck melees :/.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"
bionicg2040 wrote:
I lost a bet so I have to post this. To my friend...i hope your computer melts there I said it.

Boss #5: (breaks eggs.) oh no it is charging at me...(sidestep) oh ok...

Boss #4: sweet now i can kill 6 exiles at once with a pair of tube socks. i wonder if they can fit a strongbox in there so another one jumps out at the end then sees the carnage of 6 other dead mutilated exiles and your character just turns to the extra one with the crazy eyes and the serial killer smile like: "...i will give you a five second head start..."

Hype Team: man melee is going to struggle...nah they got options other than melee it is cool

Melee Player way in the back row: (raises hand) "wait a minute..."

Boss #3: meh the other bosse shall be missed. now to choke out another one of merveil's daughter...i think i will use an old boot for this one...oh it is not one of merveil's daughters? oh i am so sorry i did not mean to suggest...I mean it does look...crud I stand by my words.

Boss #2: first reaction: https://youtu.be/ld2nWfIap2k

(and now for some silly) (DRAMATIZATION!!!) (DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY) (I got anchor arms...I am no wimp I am jerk)

Posting something extremely stupid for losing a bet is a lot better than shaving your head or having to put on a dress.

Not sure I think I might be able to pull of the bald, fairy princess look. just that i can not pull off pink very well
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info