So about those 5 new bosses...with silly

I lost a bet so I have to post this. To my friend...i hope your computer melts there I said it.

Boss #5: (breaks eggs.) oh no it is charging at me...(sidestep) oh ok...

Boss #4: sweet now i can kill 6 exiles at once with a pair of tube socks. i wonder if they can fit a strongbox in there so another one jumps out at the end then sees the carnage of 6 other dead mutilated exiles and your character just turns to the extra one with the crazy eyes and the serial killer smile like: "...i will give you a five second head start..."

Hype Team: man melee is going to struggle...nah they got options other than melee it is cool

Melee Player way in the back row: (raises hand) "wait a minute..."

Boss #3: meh the other bosse shall be missed. now to choke out another one of merveil's daughter...i think i will use an old boot for this one...oh it is not one of merveil's daughters? oh i am so sorry i did not mean to suggest...I mean it does look...crud I stand by my words.

Boss #2: first reaction: https://youtu.be/ld2nWfIap2k

(and now for some silly) (DRAMATIZATION!!!) (DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY) (I got anchor arms...I am no wimp I am jerk)

Hype Team: "so we are all in agreement then? To hell with melee. Ok. Just checking"

Melee Player way in the back row: (stands up and raises hand)

Hype Team: "wait i saw someone's hand up for melee...yes you way in the back row."

Melee Player way in the back row: "how are melee players supposed to get near that thing to fight it if does that singularity thing?"

Hype Team: "there are other options you can: play ranged, there are melee totems now. you melee people like totems right? so yeah use a totem, you can summon things that can melee for you which may or may not trigger the bigger void thing (not sure on that need to run test), there are spells you can use to fight safely away from the thing, traps, mines, etc. it should not be an issue for you melee types.

Melee Player way in the back row: "...oh ok because none of the things you described is actually melee. matter of fact you do not even answer the question.

Hype Team: "umm yes we did. you don't play melee"

Melee Player way in the back row: "but we do play melee"

Hype Team: "well then just skip the map"

Melee Player way in the back row: "so how do we complete atlas?"

Hype Team: "look pal stop giving us a hard time, it works for the others just do what they do matter of fact you have Earthquake so there that fixes the problem...moving on"

Melee Player way in the back row: "hold on...first off I ain't your pal. second we have one skill to use that some of use do not use how in the hell is that a solution?"

Hype Team: "stop crying about balance and just play something else there are other play styles"

Melee Player way in the back row: "So punishment for using free will?"

Hype Team: "yes moving on"

Other play styles players: DRAMA!!!

Boss #1: oh no it is leaping at me...(sidestep) oh ok...
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 7:41:15 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
^Honestly i want to wait before passing judgement.

From the looks of it though i think it's "ok". About boss #2,

1) the boss uses a degen attack

Melee is normally a lot more regen focused, so that can cover the degen part a bit and obviously leach to back it up.

2) the room is small, like fucking really small

So melee should actually be at an advantage here compared to ranged fighters. Though ranged will never trigger the big smash so i hope it doesn't deal a butt-load of damage.

I think they tried to design it quite intelligently.

Boss is going to fuck with dodge and mind over mater based characters though, since they got shit against degens.

And yes R.I.P. crematorium sadly enough, i liked that boss, what a tense fight with stuff like fleet/double boss/-max/ inc aoe etc

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^Honestly i want to wait before passing judgement.

From the looks of it though i think it's "ok". About boss #2,

1) the boss uses a degen attack

Melee is normally a lot more regen focused, so that can cover the degen part a bit and obviously leach to back it up.

2) the room is small, like fucking really small

So melee should actually be at an advantage here compared to ranged fighters. Though ranged will never trigger the big smash so i hope it doesn't deal a butt-load of damage.

I think they tried to design it quite intelligently.

Boss is going to fuck with dodge and mind over mater based characters though, since they got shit against degens.

And yes R.I.P. crematorium sadly enough, i liked that boss, what a tense fight with stuff like fleet/double boss/-max/ inc aoe etc

Peace,

-Boem-

The one thing I didn't like about current crematorium boss is that I have a tendency to get stun locked with 6.8k life by the firestorm. Cause of 90% of my deaths to her. Frustrating.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
^That's probably a crit happening then.

She "was" actually a beautiful boss, move around the area in a circular motion drawing her in a spot she has not fire-stormed yet, go hit (you can usually take 2 to 3 storm from her before disengaging) and keep going in the circular pattern so you end up where you started free of firestorms.

Use her skeleton summons to refill flasks etc.

That's my melee tactic, ranged is just pew pew and GTFO.

I never understood why people die to her so easily, probably just impatience.

Peace,

-Boem-
I think most of the people that die from her it is either the adds or the firestorm after effects, or at least that is what I've noticed.
Censored.
I think the firestorm stunlocks more often than other skills and people forget how impactful the map mods are on her, cast speed and AoE. Could be some impatience too - too lazy to get a ruby flask, too lazy to wait that extra rotation and try to get one more volley/cast/hit in.
"
innervation wrote:
I think the firestorm stunlocks more often than other skills and people forget how impactful the map mods are on her, cast speed and AoE. Could be some impatience too - too lazy to get a ruby flask, too lazy to wait that extra rotation and try to get one more volley/cast/hit in.

Yeah, not so much a crit Boem, but the firestorm just seemed to be very stunny. I typically run in circles around her no problem, but one too many firestorms connect and I can't escape, more so with mods that innvervation mentions here.

That being said, I did like the boss too, just not the stunning :)
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Aug 26, 2016, 11:28:15 PM
Yeah seems like Melee will get hard time again but to be honest with you this is why I enjoy melee characters more. Something about being there and actually fighting the monsters instead of pew pew offscreen. We will see how this goes but going melee first in new league, me mad me smash (no EQ).

Magaera will be dearly missed, some of the deaths were so stupid they left me laughing my ass off (oooohh she's dead, lets get to loot! Firestorm keep on going, I die. Dumb) She managed to stunlock me with almost 9k life quite few times though I think it was crit.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
you're scared because the video was made with a horrible build
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
gathor wrote:

Magaera will be dearly missed, some of the deaths were so stupid they left me laughing my ass off (oooohh she's dead, lets get to loot! Firestorm keep on going, I die. Dumb) She managed to stunlock me with almost 9k life quite few times though I think it was crit.

Best version of this is zoning out to hide out, getting back in and picking up loot.

Only to realize all the firestorms became invisible and you get jugged to zero in a millisecond.

Oh man, the laughs, it's an uncommon visual bug but it does happen every so often.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info