Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Which gems will Ignite double dip?

A fire damage spell/attack may inflict ignite either from a crit or from flat ignite chance.
Ignite damage is based on the damage dealt by the attack (base of 20% per second for 4 seconds for 80% total damage)
"Double dipping" is a term used by players to describe how certain DoT effects, like ignite, will gain larger effect from certain damage modifiers because the modifier will apply both on the initial hit which ignite is calculated on and again on the ignite damage itself.

As an example, assume a character has 150% increased fire damage and launches a fireball at an enemy for 100 base damage.
Fire bonus applies, increasing damage to 100 * 1.5 = 150 fire damage.
Ignite procs for a base of 150 * 0.8 = 120 damage. Because it is fire damage, this is increased to 120 * 1.5 = 180 total fire damage over 4 seconds.

My questions are thus:
Does ignite from a projectile skill double dip on the reduced damage from Greater Multiple Projectiles Support attached to that skill?
Does ignite from a skill receive any damage bonus from Increased Burning Damage Support attached to that skill?
Does ignite from a skill double dip on a damage bonus received from Fire Penetration support attached to that skill?

I believe the answers are Yes, Yes, No in that order
ign: Quepha
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 7:39:33 PM
"
Nykken wrote:

My questions are thus:
Does ignite from a projectile skill double dip on the reduced damage from Greater Multiple Projectiles Support attached to that skill?

Yes (it's one reason people say Reach is super OP)

"

Does ignite from a skill receive any damage bonus from Increased Burning Damage Support attached to that skill?

Yes (single dip)

"

Does ignite from a skill double dip on a damage bonus received from Fire Penetration support attached to that skill?

No, Penetration is currently a Hit-only effect

"

Good job!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
yes
yes
no

ignite is affected by all increases and decreases to projectile damage if its applied by a projectile.

increased burning damage will always increase the burning damage of an ignite when its linked to the skill that caused the ignite.

fire penetration does not work with ignites because penetration needs something to 'hit', and DoT does not hit.
it will be affected by fire resistance reductions like curses, however.
"
adghar wrote:
"
Nykken wrote:

My questions are thus:

Yes (it's one reason people say Reach is super OP)

"

Yes (single dip)

"

No, Penetration is currently a Hit-only effect

"

Good job!
OK, one more question.

Ignite doesn't double dip from Fire Penetration Support. From what I've read it seems like this support gem is a special case when it comes to resistance penetration, and ignite would actually double dip on any other form of resistance penetration in the game i.e. Mastermind of Discord, Heart of Flame, Celestial Judgement in addition to resistance reduction effects like Elemental Equilibrium and the Flammability curse. Is this correct?
ign: Quepha
"
Nykken wrote:
OK, one more question.

Ignite doesn't double dip from Fire Penetration Support. From what I've read it seems like this support gem is a special case when it comes to resistance penetration, and ignite would actually double dip on any other form of resistance penetration in the game i.e. Mastermind of Discord, Heart of Flame, Celestial Judgement in addition to resistance reduction effects like Elemental Equilibrium and the Flammability curse. Is this correct?

Ignite won't double dip on any form of penetration.

That said, Flammability is not a penetration as such, it's a monster-side effect which reduces fire resistance. And fire resistance applies twice to ignite in a way (to initial hit and then again to the DoT). So Flammability can help you make this double application beneficial (if you knock mob's resistance into negative), rather than detrimental.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info