Teh WildStrike!

So I am a newbie, but have had a lot of questions on my build. Thus--here I iz!

Class: Marauder
Ascendancy: Berserker

This is the wildstrike build that I have meandered around to making. I am not in any way suggesting that this is teh l33tz build, or that "dude, bro, my way tho". This is a fun build to play and I hope anyone looking to try a non-meta/different build, will stumble upon this one.

The main function of this build is to poop out as much elemental damage as possible. The wildstrike ability converts physical damage into a random element. The random elements can be cold damage, fire damage, or lightning damage. We are going to supplement this by adding faster attacks, double strike, increased elemental damage, added lightning damage, and some life leech. Life leech can be swapped out for added fire damage, in which case you get a 2K base bump on your damage from wildstrike. The base damage on wildstrike before the added fire (so with lifeleech) is still at 25K, so it's not necessarily needed. At this point you've probably thought to yourself "Oh no... I count six gems Grasnum...". That is correct. This build is going to require one 6L. I decided to go with the one handed axe and shield build, so i chose the armor plate as my 6L.

I also use an Ancestral Totem. We throw on elemental damage increase, faster attacks, and added lightning, which is additive to our wildstrike. This means... every time I drop my totem I gain 4500 extra damage, PLUS the damage the totem itself does--which is 16K base damage.

I also use Herald of Thunder. Adding with it, lightning pen support, elemental focus support, and empower support. The base damage dealt here is 4600 damage.

I use Immortal call, and supplement that with increased duration, and cast when damage taken (CWDT).

I use elemental weakness, because that damage + reduced elemental resistance lets me facetank bosses yaknow.. and supplement it with blasphemy, empower, and enlighten (just a filler space for enlighten).

The shield has some random gems like leapslam (the escapes and movement obviously), haste, and discipline (which I keep on when carrying people through lab runs).

I have told you the base damage per skill per item, but when herald of thunder is active, and I drop a totem I hit 35K base damage before stacking endurance charges. With full endurance charges (3) I have hit 51K damage per strike with LLeech gem, and 32K base hit 57K damage with added fire damage replacing life leech. I however don't usually replace life leech though. With lifeleech and my skill tree i am getting 6% leech and 60% increased leech. Doing this allows me to literally facetank mercilab.

This build is fairly item specific. You can probably find ways to make other items work, or even work better, but the items I have seem to go well with this build and my play style.

As you will see with this build, its a little strange, but a lot of fun. The downsides are fairly heavy (lacking a large amount of life), and will require some savvy play, but should be easy for lab runs/atziri with a little skill :) Keep in mind too this post was made when I was at level 85 (I got a late start on this league).

Tree:

Items:
Spoiler

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
With the amount of lifeleech you can literally facetank boss fights.
Lots of elemental damage against an enemy that has lowered elemental resistance
Quick bursts
Beautiful to look at (who doesnt like watching random elements being thrown out?!)
Chaining
Shock frenzy
Ability to dance around bosses while still dealing damage with totem

Cons:
Relies on quick damage, being stunned is bad
Not a lot of HP (4K)
Not a lot of Armor
Requires totem up and herald of thunder for extra damage
Requires lifeleech against bosses to maintain fights because of low hp.

Video:
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/fnmNJGbM2kU

Last edited by PinkFalcon on Aug 28, 2016, 2:50:00 PM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 2:46:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info