Entry Fee for leagues.

"
Kasapnica wrote:
There are threads like this in D3 forum as well...and this game costs a full price.
Man...bored people and their stupid ideas. Whats next,monthly fee because people will realize that splitting the community and making leagues p2p actually don't bring much content,mostly because most of the people will rather quit?

Putting any pay wall in this game,whether its optional or not is bullshit.

You say "bored people and their stupid ideas", but do you realize that this idea originated years ago as a GGG idea?

GGG promised actual paid leagues. This thread is about a similar idea, something that was highly anticipated by many.
"
"
Kasapnica wrote:
There are threads like this in D3 forum as well...and this game costs a full price.
Man...bored people and their stupid ideas. Whats next,monthly fee because people will realize that splitting the community and making leagues p2p actually don't bring much content,mostly because most of the people will rather quit?

You say "bored people and their stupid ideas", but do you realize that this idea originated years ago as a GGG idea?

GGG promised actual paid leagues. This thread is about a similar idea, something that was highly anticipated by many.

"I think that a $10 entry fee for the leagues would actually make the game better. Standard and HC/Standard could remain free, but the challenge leagues would be buy-in"

That sounds similar to you? And good think that GGG didn't keep that promise,or one of these retarded "dead gaem" threads,would be a real thing years ago. No one plays this kind of games anymore,there is WoW and FFXIV that have fees,and the others die or and become the really bad versions of F2P.People either buy a game or play the one that is complete F2P. Middle ground is dead ground,which sooner or late becomes p2w because the majority leaves,only with few retards that claim its not P2W because "you can farm it",yea spend 5$ or 5 months.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 27, 2016, 12:20:14 PM
Horrible idea. Hc leagues are already dead. This will only finish their existence
I can't believe people are actually suggesting ridiculous ideas like this. Its bad, very bad!

Making any kind of payment necessary to play totally goes against the vision of a free game...

Imagine if facebook started charging you $10 every 3 months? Its a trivial amount for most people, but the customer dissatisfaction is gonna be huge because they are simply going against their vision as a company.

Idea wont worck becouse they need to change all marketing tactics and get ranked as pay to play.
Thers probably only 10% people that will pay after this chage hapen.
It will take 3 months for league to end and 10% people who alredy pay probably wont buy MTX and suporter pack in such a mesure that it mather.
Expences of producing next league that will consist of even less then thos 10% people will be hard to imagine considering thing will drasticly slow down before and if they even speed up agen.
Also ther is mather of resistance thats not a smal thing when it come to such a big change. Negative marketing taking it sweet time and then new ranking and amounth of marketing to push back into focus woth be posible in resonable time span making game to halt drasticly in resorces for devolepment.

Besicly, pay private leagues may be posible in feature but they probably be void league as well. Game in such rapid expansion cant be halted with such obligatory tearms that may be of random quantity and seting funds goal for such things may take to long.
Also limited numbers of such things may limit its function, making dead league with cople people preventing start of new one becouse of resorces.
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:

And what happens when 2 paying users have different opinions on the modification?

Where did i say im against modifications? Im talking about improving the league within its duration span

as it is atm, GGG releases a new league and dont buff/nerf or make new content for it for the next 3 months ( and sometimes forever). What im saying is that if people are paying to play a league, GGG has to invest part of that revenu in making the league better each weeks

ie: Prophecy would have gotten new prophecies, new fated each weeks, it would also had actual prophecies reworked to be better, like "Kill X powerful monster" that could have had a Element related unique droped

If the game was like this since release,then maybe (though it would be dead 3 years ago),but if this happens now,there will be very few players in that league,which in the end will most likely result in even less improvements,since there is still normal leagues,standart etc. The amount of bithing will be extreme.

Buffs/nerfs to content,means buffs/nerfs to builds,and if i pay 10$ and my build gets destroyed half way through,guess whether or not i will play the next paid one.
Cant you make the difference between adding content and Nerfing stuff?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I don't think it's a good idea.
Censored.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:

And what happens when 2 paying users have different opinions on the modification?

Where did i say im against modifications? Im talking about improving the league within its duration span

as it is atm, GGG releases a new league and dont buff/nerf or make new content for it for the next 3 months ( and sometimes forever). What im saying is that if people are paying to play a league, GGG has to invest part of that revenu in making the league better each weeks

ie: Prophecy would have gotten new prophecies, new fated each weeks, it would also had actual prophecies reworked to be better, like "Kill X powerful monster" that could have had a Element related unique droped

If the game was like this since release,then maybe (though it would be dead 3 years ago),but if this happens now,there will be very few players in that league,which in the end will most likely result in even less improvements,since there is still normal leagues,standart etc. The amount of bithing will be extreme.

Buffs/nerfs to content,means buffs/nerfs to builds,and if i pay 10$ and my build gets destroyed half way through,guess whether or not i will play the next paid one.
Cant you make the difference between adding content and Nerfing stuff?[/quote]

"as it is atm, GGG releases a new league and dont buff/nerf or make new content for it for the next 3 months"

Here you go,this thing which you wrote goes both ways. Changing stuff during season means nerfs to builds as well,because PPL will cry if everything gets too easy/hard for their build.

i've posted enough on the matter,in this thread. Any kind of fees in this game will ruin it.

Edit,screwed up the quote.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 27, 2016, 4:57:18 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I know there would be a shit-storm of epic proportions... maybe even worse than the lab hate we've seen over the last quarter.

I think that a $10 entry fee for the leagues would actually make the game better. Standard and HC/Standard could remain free, but the challenge leagues would be buy-in. Not pay to win. Pay to play. You could have waivers given out for people who seriously couldn't afford $10 who did good by GGG in other ways, or won them in competitions/raffles.

Support from me has dropped... simply because I no longer place any value on anything that can be purchased. Put a $ in front of something I'd participate in and you'd take my money with my thanks.

10 dollars for 5 days gameplay? nope

Want to spend money?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697814
PVP supporter pack
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 27, 2016, 4:58:15 PM
"
"
Kasapnica wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was for some sort of paid competitive guild events. Don't remember them talking about paid leagues ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info