Entry Fee for leagues.

Interesting... don't see it as a better money maker for GGG. Fee for leagues would give them a more steady flow of income.

Marketing people know a lot more about people and their money than I do. But I do know that there's consumer surplus out there to be tapped. Many are willing to pay more than they are... they just don't see the vehicle to do so.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Many are willing to pay more than they are... they just don't see the vehicle to do so.
But if you define the value of a league, I think many of those people will reign in their surplus support. Who in their right minds pays more than something is worth? Does anybody go to a car lot and offer more than the sticker price on a car just because they like the manufacturer or dealer? By not putting a price on playing, people decide what they think is fair for the amount of value they get.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
see the problem and feel the same way: on top of the fact that there is not much motivation to spend points if you got enough mtx alredy, the "free to play and support if you like it" hasn't stopped players from feeling entitled at all. there really isn't much of a difference to a subscription based game if you think about it, ingame mtx aren't even a sign of somebody having supported or how much he has supported.

and eventually, making the temp leagues subscription based is not so different from introducing customized leagues which also would have to be purchased, many players supported that feature.

"huge shitstorm"? probably, some would heavily disagree and go rampage. but the previous practice of letting players buy themselves into closed betas showed that a huge bulk of players is willing to spend money to play.

---

they could leave it to players on how much points they wanna spend to be able to participate in a temp league.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 27, 2016, 3:43:40 AM
we are talking about the possibility of the end of the company

why not create a time machine and let people pay for past leagues? I mean, you buy the whole league and plays it for three months

dont touch in the new leagues

this is my opinion
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"

teh dramaaa?

the game started advertisement free, there was an uproar when they made the game client's ui's support button more noticable, the next time players got irritated was when ggg started advertising deals of the day in the game client's login window. now we even have constant advertisement by ingame broadcast messages too...

i don't think the company is about to run out of money soon but it surely looks pretty desperate and if i were new to the game i would be repelled by this treatment as i hate advertisement by passion. originally i wasn't asked for money at all that's why i became a supporter.

---

on a related note: for supporters above the entrance fee of 50 to 100$, they really should be able to deactivate the advertisements!

but seeing how much focus ggg put's into making the life of their supporters easier (stash tab/ mtx tab handling and so on) i don't think this get's any priority or even attention soon. it's almost as if they didn't think a greater group of players would put more than a hundred dollar into supporting them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 27, 2016, 8:24:57 AM
Thats not under their definition of f2p anymore. They would have to change that statement.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
vio wrote:
"

teh dramaaa?

the game started advertisement free, there was an uproar when they made the game client's ui's support button more noticable, the next time players got irritated was when ggg started advertising deals of the day in the game client's login window. now we even have constant advertisement by ingame broadcast messages too...

i don't think the company is about to run out of money soon but it surely looks pretty desperate and if i were new to the game i would be repelled by this treatment as i hate advertisement by passion. originally i wasn't asked for money at all that's why i became a supporter.

---

on a related note: for supporters above the entrance fee of 50 to 100$, they really should be able to deactivate the advertisements!

but seeing how much focus ggg put's into making the life of their supporters easier (stash tab/ mtx tab handling and so on) i don't think this get's any priority or even attention soon. it's almost as if they didn't think a greater group of players would put more than a hundred dollar into supporting them.

Your view of the advertisements is strange to me. I don't see them as "buy points", I see them as "here's something you can spend points on but were probably waiting until it went on sale to do so". But maybe that's because I buy supporter packs and only spend the points I have on stuff. I could do without the stash tab sale announcements all weekend when theose are going on though. The daily deal window on the login screen is good enough as far as I'm concerned.

And I don't think that makes them look deparate at all. Hell, you log into battlenet and see adds to buy whole games. That seems way more desparate. If poe's login screen was advertising another title or some hardware they get a kickback for, I'd see it differently. But advertising daily deal mtxes doesn't seem like a money grab to me.

Maybe they need more things you can spend your points on. Maybe even some physical goods that people have brought up. 100 points gets you a t-shirt etc. problem with physical goods is getting them to the customer costs money and not even a fixed amount. Depends on where they are and what shipping methods are available.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Hell no.

I'd rather pay for private leagues if they consider doing that. Damn, I would happily pay for full on customisation of leagues that you and your lets say guildies can play. But entry fee for normal leagues, this is completely wrong, the free to play aspect of PoE goes down the drain.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
vio wrote:
teh dramaaa?

why not?

so GGG spend money to do league and can lose money, a lot of money if ppl dont buy, let see prophecy, GGG spend money to put voice to the new npc, if they spend a lot of money and ppl dont buy, they will offer to free players on perm leagues after 3 months?

its better offer support packs, promote more streamers that play with amazing builds

zizaran is fast and good, bakedchicken also, this can work, ppl can want do what these guys do

this game need more and more ppl, not less
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
There are threads like this in D3 forum as well...and this game costs a full price.
Man...bored people and their thoughtless ideas. Whats next,monthly fee because people will realize that splitting the community and making leagues p2p actually don't bring much content,mostly because most of the people will rather quit?

Putting any pay wall in this game,whether its optional or not is bullshit.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 27, 2016, 12:00:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info