Entry Fee for leagues.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I wouldnt mind but... They would have to maintenance it through its duration, no more fucking " We dont modify league until its over"

And what happens when 2 paying users have different opinions on the modification?

Where did i say im against modifications? Im talking about improving the league within its duration span

as it is atm, GGG releases a new league and dont buff/nerf or make new content for it for the next 3 months ( and sometimes forever). What im saying is that if people are paying to play a league, GGG has to invest part of that revenu in making the league better each weeks

ie: Prophecy would have gotten new prophecies, new fated each weeks, it would also had actual prophecies reworked to be better, like "Kill X powerful monster" that could have had a Element related unique droped

If the game was like this since release,then maybe (though it would be dead 3 years ago),but if this happens now,there will be very few players in that league,which in the end will most likely result in even less improvements,since there is still normal leagues,standart etc. The amount of bithing will be extreme.

Buffs/nerfs to content,means buffs/nerfs to builds,and if i pay 10$ and my build gets destroyed half way through,guess whether or not i will play the next paid one.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 26, 2016, 4:34:02 PM
I won't pay for anything that has trap & maze as a mandatory part. Make a league with a Sudoku mini-game as an alternative ascension test and I'll be the first in line with my $10 in hand :D
Terrible idea. One of the worst yet.
A lot of people would just not play the game at all, then. I don't think very many people enjoy the standard league, due to lack of fun mechanics introduced in temps (and of course the dry spell of no new content when GGG doesn't add these leagues to the core game).

There's also the overall borked economy in standard from being grossly inflated on account of temp league currency being dumped when they end.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
The free play option is the new player testing zone. So Shags would have new players start in Standard before they know if they like the game or not and be exposed to that economy. Kinda like if Hearthstone kept Wild F2P but added a subscription fee to play in Standard.

I mean, really, this entire suggestion doesn't seem to consider the new player experience, or playerbase growth, in any way whatsoever.

At a minimum it would make more sense to apply the fee to the "Veteran" permanent leagues, not the "newbie" temp leagues. Like your Prophecy character enough to pay for it? No? Sorry then, free trial is over. And a shrinking perm league playerbase would provide some much needed gear sinkage. Healthier economy.

But really, I don't think that's a good idea either ("better" does not equal "good"). I think the best idea would be to just openly stop developing the game and begin work on a proper sequel, rather than trying to sabotage what already exists.

More than anything else, I think Shags is trolling.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 26, 2016, 6:25:18 PM
Nah... not trolling. Trying to come up with something that I would pay for other than a $110 tee-shirt.
So pay $110 for the league and accept the t-shirt as a free gift.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Always an option... but $110 is a tad more than $10.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Maybe start selling more physical goods. I'd buy a PoE coffee cup instantly.

Ive been wanting to buy T-Shirts from them forever. I mean i get one with a supporter pack so that's cool i guess and i could buy some from jinx but ive never understood why GGG didn't have them for sale.. Its their game and they would be making money off of them if they just had them in the shop.

I dont think they realize just how much money they could potentially make selling merc..
I mean not just shirts but key chains, mouse pads, posters, wgatever ALL that shit would sell and its more revenue for not only GGG and co but more money to put into development. Its a win win.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 26, 2016, 9:02:58 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nah... not trolling. Trying to come up with something that I would pay for other than a $110 tee-shirt.
Okay, then what do you think about switching the fee from temp to perm?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info