Entry Fee for leagues.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I know there would be a shit-storm of epic proportions... maybe even worse than the lab hate we've seen over the last quarter.

I think that a $10 entry fee for the leagues would actually make the game better. Standard and HC/Standard could remain free, but the challenge leagues would be buy-in. Not pay to win. Pay to play. You could have waivers given out for people who seriously couldn't afford $10 who did good by GGG in other ways, or won them in competitions/raffles.

Support from me has dropped... simply because I no longer place any value on anything that can be purchased. Put a $ in front of something I'd participate in and you'd take my money with my thanks.

No thanks. No need to split the community with bonus paid leagues(not like there will be anyone playing them though),and making leagues as a whole require payment is a bad idea.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 26, 2016, 3:49:52 PM
pay 10$ to get my stuff nerfed....forget it , dude....

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep... I admit that it might not be the best way to get things rolling. Maybe a new form of league would work. Dunno. I just need a good reason to send off $50... and the supporter packs and GGG coins just don't trigger me.

An RL goods shop with coffee mugs might be your thing but there are so many questions that surround it. Most companies to over a year of planning to organize suppliers, QA the products, get licensed, update the website and in game UI/shop.

One thing I haven't seen a game do (and someone point out some who have, I probably just don't know of them) is go super premium, super limited physical goods. Rather than mass produce T shirts and mugs, go to local engraving places, artists, or whatever and commission limited edition 1/200, 1/50, 1/3,000 type things, and make them cost a lot. RL goods from game stores are already premium prices, I know, but I mean beyond that. Really go artisanal with it.

It might be less work for them on the back end, but still fill a void that certain players in the community want. I wouldn't buy anything like that, just thinking out loud...
I wouldnt mind but... They would have to maintenance it through its duration, no more fucking " We dont modify league until its over"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I wouldnt mind but... They would have to maintenance it through its duration, no more fucking " We dont modify league until its over"

And what happens when 2 paying users have different opinions on the modification?

Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 26, 2016, 4:19:48 PM
This is a great way to decimate the player base.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I think this could only work if it was an option, pay $10 to go into a raffle at the end of the league for PoE mtx's (additional) or t-shirts, art etc. As a way of supporting the league, but if you tried to force this on people I think you would see a major backlash.
#NeverGoing90
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

And what happens when 2 paying users have different opinions on the modification?

Where did i say im against modifications? Im talking about improving the league within its duration span

as it is atm, GGG releases a new league and dont buff/nerf or make new content for it for the next 3 months ( and sometimes forever). What im saying is that if people are paying to play a league, GGG has to invest part of that revenu in making the league better each weeks

ie: Prophecy would have gotten new prophecies, new fated each weeks, it would also had actual prophecies reworked to be better, like "Kill X powerful monster" that could have had a Element related unique droped
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Nephalim wrote:
This is a great way to decimate the player base.
Thats called Lab
I think it should be exactly opposite. They already have a tough time keeping enough users in the temp leagues over time. Imagine what leagues would be like if they started with 1/10th the population.

Instead of charging players to play the leagues, they should reward the players somehow. One shop coin per character level above 75, or something like that.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info