Entry Fee for leagues.

I know there would be a shit-storm of epic proportions... maybe even worse than the lab hate we've seen over the last quarter.

I think that a $10 entry fee for the leagues would actually make the game better. Standard and HC/Standard could remain free, but the challenge leagues would be buy-in. Not pay to win. Pay to play. You could have waivers given out for people who seriously couldn't afford $10 who did good by GGG in other ways, or won them in competitions/raffles.

Support from me has dropped... simply because I no longer place any value on anything that can be purchased. Put a $ in front of something I'd participate in and you'd take my money with my thanks.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 12:14:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I wouldn't play anymore if they did this.

My funds are extremely limited and i wouldn't be able to justify doing this to myself. While currently its the other way around, i play for a long time and then i can't justify to myself not giving some support in return.

I don't really see the motivation behind this suggestion.

Can't really predict what would happen either though, my gut tells me it would negatively impact the game since it thrives on a pyramid model requiring lot's of people to fill up the bottom part.
Even if those people don't support the game actively, they maintain the health of the pyramid which in return creates a happy environment for all the people above them who are more likely to support.

If you remove that bottom part, the middle and top part also suffer consequences.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Could be. We define "the game" differently. I don't see it as a pyramid so much as a hiking trail. They let us hike. Some people like to trade with other hikers along the way. Some don't. They need to make the trail more enjoyable so that more people will come and hike.

I look at a business model like GGGs and wonder at lost revenue simply because someone wants to pay but doesn't want the hassle and isn't motivated by the rewards attached. They're out there. I'm one of them. I just see the sparkly stuff that everyone seems to love to deck out their characters in as a drawback rather than a bonus. Don't want it. I've got about $250 worth of stash tabs... way more than I could ever use. Looking for ideas for further income that would "make sense" to me.
I actually think this is a really good idea!
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I can see both pros and cons about this idea. But as I don't really play leagues, I'd rather pay $10 to make every league specific unique available in permanent leagues.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
while I would personally be totally happy to pay a $10 entry fee for leagues, and as you said it's not p2w at all, it's p2p.. I feel like it's a little too late. If they had made this a thing when they first started challenge leagues there would be a lot less resistance.. but now everybody is used to being given them for free.

Then again.. if there were physical prizes for top performers in the leagues (As in not in game items or MTX but POE merchandise or potentially gaming gear if they make a deal with razer again or something like that) THEN people would be a lot less resistant to paying the fee.
Maybe start selling more physical goods. I'd buy a PoE coffee cup instantly.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Maybe start selling more physical goods. I'd buy a PoE coffee cup instantly.

I'd buy my wife a replica Xirgil's crank, for when I'm too busy playing poe.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I know there would be a shit-storm of epic proportions... maybe even worse than the lab hate we've seen over the last quarter.

I think that a $10 entry fee for the leagues would actually make the game better. Standard and HC/Standard could remain free, but the challenge leagues would be buy-in. Not pay to win. Pay to play. You could have waivers given out for people who seriously couldn't afford $10 who did good by GGG in other ways, or won them in competitions/raffles.

Support from me has dropped... simply because I no longer place any value on anything that can be purchased. Put a $ in front of something I'd participate in and you'd take my money with my thanks.

You do realize that this game works on the pyramid system to fuel the trading economy?
So many people would not play. Some that never give money. Some that dont have money at that time. Some who feel they gave enough already.

What happens to the system when there is not enough people to put things in the market? The game is balanced around trade and the "masses" that never pay actually improve the experience for the guys who do.

They need to invent some other cool things for people to purchase not to go buy to play. Unless they want to try and attract a different audience and move on to a different system of trade and balancing of drops.

peace and love
kisses and flowery things
I pull all of my support including full refunds which I can easily do with that being said.

I'm not doing that fuck that I'll pay If I want too NOT if I have too.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 26, 2016, 8:44:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info