I'm really sorry (again)

Every goddamn time when new patch is out you're saying "game was optimised, it's not so laggy now" and every goddamn time you're just disappointing me. Died once again because of lag, and my PC is not even bad, it can handle GTA 5 on mid settings, but your game... It's just too much, i can't do this anymore, f this type of gaming experience, no fun to play with lags, i'm done.
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 10:15:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is why people like developing games for consoles. There's only 2-3 sets of hardware specs, as opposed to the nigh-infinite combinations PCs can have. Perhaps the problem is on your end, too. Have you turned down the game's visual settings? Have you updated to the latest drivers? Are you sure where the 'lag' is coming from? Is it latency (true lag), is it packet loss, is it repeated FPS drops? The game gives you the information a moderately tech-savvy person could use to diagnose the problem.

Also, what kind of build are you on? Is it one that generates absolutely insane amounts of visual effects?
Last edited by Trylobyte on Aug 26, 2016, 5:32:25 AM
"
Trylobyte wrote:
This is why people like developing games for consoles. There's only 2-3 sets of hardware specs, as opposed to the nigh-infinite combinations PCs can have. Perhaps the problem is on your end, too. Have you turned down the game's visual settings? Have you updated to the latest drivers? Are you sure where the 'lag' is coming from? Is it latency (true lag), is it packet loss, is it repeated FPS drops? The game gives you the information a moderately tech-savvy person could use to diagnose the problem.

Also, what kind of build are you on? Is it one that generates absolutely insane amounts of visual effects?

Lowest game settings, not even in full sceen mode, 1280*720 windowed on 1920*1080 screen, feels so good to play lake this and still have such a laggy game. Operating system is brand new, also, i'm turning off everything except system processes (sometimes i'm even turning off some of svchost's streams) It's the case of extreme FPS drops every time i encounter full screen of so-called optimized effects like lightning warps+blade vortex+alot of other crappy stuff that i don't really even need to see. And yes, i have THE latest avaliable drivers. It's definately on my side, but it's not my PC's fault, according to forum threads and my personal experience game isn't optimized to run well at most of the systems
damn bro

I hate when they says "we improve about 20%"

come back september 2nd to see if will be playable
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
damn bro

I hate when they says "we improve about 20%"

come back september 2nd to see if will be playable

Will do for sure
"
Trylobyte wrote:

Unfortunately, even some very mainstream setups have changed into poorly performing computers for this game as of the last major patch.

I have an i5 4670k (extremely common) and a gtx 980 (reasonably common) running on windows 7 (extremely common) and I get horrible fps stutters every time I alt-tab back into the game. I never did pre-Prophecy, so I assume these are consequences of the latest "enhancements."

You are right though that it is much harder to test for variables in the PC world, especially with a team as small as GGG. Perhaps for that reason they shouldn't toot the "improved performance" horn too loudly when releasing major patches. ;)
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I have an i5 4670k (extremely common) and a gtx 980 (reasonably common) running on windows 7 (extremely common) and I get horrible fps stutters every time I alt-tab back into the game. I never did pre-Prophecy, so I assume these are consequences of the latest "enhancements."

You are right though that it is much harder to test for variables in the PC world, especially with a team as small as GGG. Perhaps for that reason they shouldn't toot the "improved performance" horn too loudly when releasing major patches. ;)

That's a nvidia bug or something. I had the same problem on my computer with a geforce gtx 670.
Pressing alt+enter to switch between windowed to fullscreen fixes it. One of those modes is lagging (fps goes down) when alt tabbing and the other one isn't.

I think it's windowed fullscreen that works for Geforce and normal fullscreen for Amd. I have two computer so i can never remember which one it is.

Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 28, 2016, 1:26:02 PM
Thanks man, I'll give windowed fullscreen a try for a while and see if the performance improvements stick.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Windowed fullscreen removes FPS issues when alt-tabbing & makes it more fluid, but for me it also creates ugly screen tearing when in-game. GF card, win7.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 29, 2016, 7:52:06 AM
sorry to hear you dyeing (guess you play HC).

Hopefully the new multi threading and particle optimization would help resolve some of the lag problems
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info