[Supporter Feedback] Can we get more MTXs for 1H Swords, Staves and 1H / 2H Maces?

...that actually look like awesome 1H Swords, Staves and 1H / 2H Maces? I emphasize on the word awesome because, more so than not, most of the unique weapons you get from drops in-game with their own art not from the MTX Shop look better than most of the MTX Skins we have to pay for in my honest opinion.

I have spent a lot of money (still continue to do so) at your Shop, GGG, and every time I browse through your Shop wanting to buy a specific / relevant Weapon Skin I notice 1H Swords, Staves and 1H / 2H Maces do not get enough attention.

Currently, from greatest to least, there are:

7 Skins that can overwrite 2H Maces (2 out of 7 that actually look like Maces)

5 Skins that can overwrite 1H Maces (1 out of 5 that actually looks like a Mace)

5 Skins that can overwrite 1H Swords (2 out of 5 that actually look like Swords)

2 Skins that can overwrite Staves (1 out of 2 that actually looks like a Staff)

As an avid supporter of Path of Exile, that design pattern is a real problem.

I do not understand the decision behind allowing Swords to look like Axes, Axes to look like Swords, etc. That just confuses other players in a Party regarding what weapon type you are really wielding and/or what build type you are really running, and whether or not anybody really cares about that is beside the point here.

That is just inconsistent design and seems a bit lazy to compensate for lack of 'consistent' Skins that can only apply to their rightful base types. There is really no other nice way to word it.

Swords should look like Swords, Axes should look like Axes, and so on... just like Skin Transfers can only be applied to their rightful base types, yet the same rule does not apply when overwriting a Sword with an MTX that looks like an Axe? I don't get that, and it makes me very reluctant to shop for weapon MTXs anymore until something changes.

Thank you for looking into this.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 3, 2016, 10:27:31 PM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2016, 7:47:11 AM
I've always saw this issue kind of strange, and I don't like it at all.

Agree with OP.
Lab is love, lab is life.
Agree with OP as well.

0 MTX for claws :(
The Lord's Labyrinth awaits you.
Choose wisely, strike quickly.
Thrust completely.
And may you find the ending that you deserve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info