Fun Fact about Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds

"
raics wrote:
However, I still don't think finding it should be a league challenge, it's fairly binary and it might easily happen not to find one after 300-400-500 hours of playtime. Pretty much the same thing as 'identify a legendary unique', except that trading for the challenge is much more risky, either the seller or the buyer need to trust the other one.

Kill 1200 volls is fine, get 500 map drops from bosses is also fine, those are nice and grindy challenges, you see where you are and how fast it's going. But unique strongbox is a crapshot, maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't and maybe you don't get scammed too many times when buying it.

Agreed. I hate having very RNG-based challenges. You can't plan for it, you can't get a good grip on how long it will take, and (especially for the unique strong boxes) some people will never even get one, let alone all of the different ones. Even with tons of gameplay and using chance on each regular base type.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I would say that the issue doesn't lie within the spawn rate of any single unique strongbox, but rather within the catastrophically low amount of unique strongboxes that can spawn. Bring the amount of strongboxes up to fifty, then you will get a decent chance of spawning a unique strongbox.
"
I would say that the issue doesn't lie within the spawn rate of any single unique strongbox, but rather within the catastrophically low amount of unique strongboxes that can spawn. Bring the amount of strongboxes up to fifty, then you will get a decent chance of spawning a unique strongbox.
That is not how it works. Same as with unique drops, the rarity of the box is rolled once, then if unique is selected then a unique box is rolled amongst the available ones.
I will believe they exist when I get one on my own zone/map. I still don't know what kind of black magic the generous soul that shared one with me used to get his box drop on the game.
Cheers bex.
nothing doubled is still nothing, as many have said here already.

i managed to get one to spawn in all of prophecy (ashes of the condemned), which was both a nightmare to kill quad-ghosted rare mobs, and dropped literally nothing beyond trash whites and blues.

I wasn't even mad at the rng, i was just disappointed that it's the norm with anything advertising good drops.
Meh waste of time. there so rare 90% of the community has never seen one.
"
diablodeus wrote:
How about you quadruple it, and then quadruple it again, because considering all the hours I've put in, I can tell you from my own experience that the spawn rate of these is less than 1 per 200 hours played.

i have 1600 hours played, never seen a single one...
IGN: Bluntexile
So the rate goes from 1 in a googleplex to 2 in a googleplex chance to spawn. YAAWWWNNNN!!!!

Sorry, unique strong box spawn rate has sucked forever.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Drop rates are the only thing stopping this game from reaching a bigger player base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info