"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Pokopensuke wrote:
0 x 2 = 0

Thanks.....

Posts like these are just garbage, and makes the forum what it is.

A lot of people are complaining about drop rates. When the drop rates are being doubled, they're complaining about that too. The youth today... Silver platter, and all that.

It's not total garbo. Strong boxes are too rare and too unrewarding and doubling a very small drop rate does not do too much to change that.

I think it does though.

Obviously when you approach it from an individuals perspective the chance is negligible.

But GGG can't really afford to balance around such a perspective, so given a larger scale as in
"the entire playing community" a doubling of this event will also mean an increase in the potential rewards they provide.

Though this will mostly only be visible on the market.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
Playing daily since last oktober and found about 5 or 6 unique boxes. But what for? The loot in them is always ridiculous. They do not need to buff to double the boxes but make it worth finding one after x*100 hours which really gives you a reward then.

This is the real problem, and sort of a microcosm of what's wrong with PoE in general. Things like difficulty and rarity SHOULD translate to better rewards...But it just doesn't. Unique strongboxes are just variants of regular rare strongboxes, the stuff inside is still crap. Same as how the hardest bosses in the game will most often vomit vendor trash all over the floor.
This is a buff™
"
Boem wrote:
Obviously when you approach it from an individuals perspective the chance is negligible.

But GGG can't really afford to balance around such a perspective, so given a larger scale as in
"the entire playing community" a doubling of this event will also mean an increase in the potential rewards they provide.

To make a short post shorter: "That's what she said when GGG announced doubling ultra rare unique drops and now you can buy a shav for 2ex".

"
Unique strongboxes are just variants of regular rare strongboxes, the stuff inside is still crap.

However, warband boxes can be pretty sweet and I think that's the direction it could go, every league should have a unique strongbox that can drop a league item. Varunastra from a Perandus bank? Yes please.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 26, 2016, 11:43:27 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Pokopensuke wrote:
0 x 2 = 0

Thanks.....

A lot of people are complaining about drop rates. When the drop rates are being doubled, they're complaining about that too. The youth today... Silver platter, and all that.

It's not total garbo. Strong boxes are too rare and too unrewarding and doubling a very small drop rate does not do too much to change that.

But it does IMPROVE it. It does SOMETHING. Maybe not enough for YOU, but your chances are better. How often would you like to see them ? 1/10? Wouldn't be very unique now, would they?

Side note: Had one spawn today, gave me these
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Seriously? Again?

Cuz didn't you guys double rates in 2.3? And 'greatly increase' them by an undisclosed rate in 2.0?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind. Unique strongboxes are legitimately fun encounters, both for the goodies and for the fights, so let more of em happen. I'm just surprised to see it go up again (especially cuz I got like 12 of em this league, many of them chanced)

"
raics wrote:
However, warband boxes can be pretty sweet and I think that's the direction it could go, every league should have a unique strongbox that can drop a league item. Varunastra from a Perandus bank? Yes please.

yeah, i'd be cool with that, it'd kinda validate my choice to burn my chances on strongboxes (cuz in 1000s of chances on items, i haven't even gotten a common unique)

and actually, all the new strongboxes from 2.3 in general are very cool. The Ashes one is just plain fun and a big ol' lootsplosion if you let all those spirits possess enemies, and the Deshret one has fully-linked and +1 socket mods, and drops a bunch of maraketh weapons. And ofc the warbands ones are nice for dropping league-locked gear and securing a fight against rarely-seen enemies.

The older ones are kinda meh and could use an update, especially perandus bank (which went way downhill after jewels came to be and started taking up the 'unique' drops)
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 26, 2016, 1:42:08 PM
Hmm, in almost 2 years of steady playing I've found only one unique strongbox (Barrel)...so I guess I'll starting seeing one a year instead of one every two years. ^_^
The only unique strongbox I've found was due to a chain even in prophecy
"
Phrazz wrote:

A lot of people are complaining about drop rates. When the drop rates are being doubled, they're complaining about that too. The youth today... Silver platter, and all that

But it does IMPROVE it. It does SOMETHING. Maybe not enough for YOU, but your chances are better. How often would you like to see them ? 1/10? Wouldn't be very unique now, would they?

Side note: Had one spawn today, gave me these

I have /played 30 days in Prophecy an like 10 in Standard this season only an after those increases I still get 1 (in words: one) unique box. So please, stop here, as comparing to what we actually see in-game, comments from one-challenger in that regard are rather humorous ones.

So, 0,0000000001*2=still shit
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Aug 26, 2016, 2:36:10 PM
...double of a "chance in hell" is still a "chance in hell" ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
tmaciak wrote:
I have /played 30 days in Prophecy an like 10 in Standard this season only an after those increases I still get 1 (in words: one) unique box. So please, stop here, as comparing to what we actually see in-game, comments from one-challenger in that regard are rather humorous ones.

So, 0,0000000001*2=still shit

Just to elaborate a bit on that aspect, I think unique strongbox spawn rate will be ok after this newest doubling, and if their contents are equally promising as the event of finding one is spectacular - it can't fail.

However, I still don't think finding it should be a league challenge, it's fairly binary and it might easily happen not to find one after 300-400-500 hours of playtime. Pretty much the same thing as 'identify a legendary unique', except that trading for the challenge is much more risky, either the seller or the buyer need to trust the other one.

Kill 1200 volls is fine, get 500 map drops from bosses is also fine, those are nice and grindy challenges, you see where you are and how fast it's going. But unique strongbox is a crapshot, maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't and maybe you don't get scammed too many times when buying it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 26, 2016, 3:18:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info