Prototype Lacerate Build: Advice/Comments/Concerns?

"
Natharias wrote:

Oh, is there something I haven't considered? I don't just doubt it, I know I've tried everything.

from someone who says they never play with a rare chest or even attempt crit builds, no, you have not tried everything, not even remotely close to trying everything. You sound like someone who has played very little of whats possible in all honesty. Probably 80% of decent endgame builds are crit based and you can do the vast majority of them self found without issues.
Hm, okay.

The main thing I'm getting is that folks don't really figure the heavy-duty block scaling and O&O are worth the loss of some armor from a regular shield. Okay, that's fair. Will poke at the build some, check out that Wings of Entropy Slayer BLB linked to, see what there is to learn.

Do have one sorta-question, though: it was my understanding that Endurying Cry is a miserable method of building endurance charges, Juggernaut aside. Unless you're surrounded by literally hundreds of critters (ow, my processor), you only get the one charge every four seconds, yes? Slayer versions of the build would have an especially bad time trying to quickly generate Endurance charges off of BoR's block chance and Ecry alone, I'd figure. Hn. Worth investigating in any case. I do like the sound of that gloriously stupidiculous 20% cull on Slayer, and Wings is pretty cool.

A'ight, got some stuff to chew on for the idea. Thanks, folks.

P.S.: Natharias, for all that is good, righteous and cherry-flavored in the world, get off that Tabby!
"
1453R wrote:
Do have one sorta-question, though: it was my understanding that Endurying Cry is a miserable method of building endurance charges, Juggernaut aside. Unless you're surrounded by literally hundreds of critters (ow, my processor), you only get the one charge every four seconds, yes?

The thing is you don't really have to build them up if you aren't running something that spends charges, you build them up on first large pack and then just maintain them. It's no problem, really, after a while it becomes second nature, feels strange when I don't have to trigger my warcry slot every 10 seconds or so.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 27, 2016, 9:36:16 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Oh, is there something I haven't considered? I don't just doubt it, I know I've tried everything.

from someone who says they never play with a rare chest or even attempt crit builds, no, you have not tried everything, not even remotely close to trying everything. You sound like someone who has played very little of whats possible in all honesty. Probably 80% of decent endgame builds are crit based and you can do the vast majority of them self found without issues.

I'm still going to correct you despite this being off topic and from other threads.

How the hell do you think I would come to prefer a tabula over a rare chest? Oh, right, by trying them for different builds.

Edit: Oh, and if you knew anything about crit builds and trying to keep cost down due to solo play, you would know a Tabula is a lot better than a rare chest. Guaranteed sockets at the cost of a little life and resistances. No comparison. Especially when you might use a Voll's chest, which only gives a p-charge on any crit. Tabbies are amazing.

As to the bullshit of 80% of end-game builds are crit, how about taking a look at the class forums? Not even half of them are crit-based, in any way, shape, or form. Quite a few of them have zero crit.

But enough of off topic stuff. That wasn't the point.

"
1453R wrote:
Hm, okay.

The main thing I'm getting is that folks don't really figure the heavy-duty block scaling and O&O are worth the loss of some armor from a regular shield. Okay, that's fair. Will poke at the build some, check out that Wings of Entropy Slayer BLB linked to, see what there is to learn.

Do have one sorta-question, though: it was my understanding that Endurying Cry is a miserable method of building endurance charges, Juggernaut aside. Unless you're surrounded by literally hundreds of critters (ow, my processor), you only get the one charge every four seconds, yes? Slayer versions of the build would have an especially bad time trying to quickly generate Endurance charges off of BoR's block chance and Ecry alone, I'd figure. Hn. Worth investigating in any case. I do like the sound of that gloriously stupidiculous 20% cull on Slayer, and Wings is pretty cool.

A'ight, got some stuff to chew on for the idea. Thanks, folks.

P.S.: Natharias, for all that is good, righteous and cherry-flavored in the world, get off that Tabby!

Tabby is best in slot for me, sorry.

But rarcs nailed it:

"
raics wrote:
The thing is you don't really have to build them up if you aren't running something that spends charges, you build them up on first large pack and then just maintain them. It's no problem, really, after a while it becomes second nature, feels strange when I don't have to trigger my warcry slot every 10 seconds or so.

Unless you are spending charges, Enduring Cry is the best method of gaining and maintaining e-charges. It has zero cost besides one socket, has a huge AOE, and has only the downside of taunting enemies towards you.

While raics may only use it near the end of e-charge duration, I use it every time the warcry is usable just to ensure I keep maximum duration. You never know when you might come across a big empty zone in a map, while quite rare I seem to find them all the time.
Last edited by Natharias on Aug 27, 2016, 10:55:06 AM
If you have the links for it.

Endurance charge on melee stun - stun - riposte - vengeance

Is a very effective way to auto generate endurance charges.
IGN: Suifido
TESTHER
"
Khaotyk wrote:

Indeed,though with one correction - if you have decent block (>30%,or >40^\% in case of Q20 Vengeance) it's better to remove vengeance and put reckoning.Reasoning is riposte and reckoning triggers on each block while vengeance only on being hit,and with max 40% probability.
The problem with ECoMS, even with fully automated trigger set-ups like that, is that things have to punch you (not actually guaranteed with a pseudorange build like this), then that punch has to trigger the counterblow gem, then the counterblow gem has to stun, all to generate one Endurance charge. Slow to build charges, dicey to maintain charges with. Unreliable. The thing I liked about the Gladiator idea was that it elevated Endurance generation to the same easy breezy do-your-thangle "buff on kill" as Blood Rage or Blood Dance FC generation (and also added a very nice boost to maintaining topped-out stacks of both). You don't have to hope for multi-part superchains, you don't have to write Warcry macros, you don't have to do any of that crap. Just Southpaw your way through packs and harvest charges from them.

'Course, I have spent all league on the right side of the tree playing Acro Kintsugi builds with defensive curses and Stibnite flasks and all that Good Schitt, and still getting instagibbed by Izaro half the time I run Uberlab. It is possible I'm twitchier than I should be over the facepunchings thing at the moment. Y'know. Just a little.
"
MasterBLB wrote:
"
Khaotyk wrote:

Indeed,though with one correction - if you have decent block (>30%,or >40^\% in case of Q20 Vengeance) it's better to remove vengeance and put reckoning.Reasoning is riposte and reckoning triggers on each block while vengeance only on being hit,and with max 40% probability.

Reckoning won't be useful if he does not plan on using a shield. Also blocking a hit still counts as being hit and should still trigger vengeance.
IGN: Suifido
TESTHER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info