the repercussions of COC nerf

I played for more then 1 year to get to "endgame " and i invested everything for a CoC discharge over 80 ex .Now i understand CoC will get nerf and will indirectly screw my discharge + overall there are other op build under 10 ex who does the same thing i do with much less work to get there .

GGG i hope they will think the impact this nerf to CoC will have as players like me who invested so much time will find themself with a non working build , unable to get the curancy back because items will drop in prices hard .
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 6:07:31 AM
Time for a new build i think sir .

If you spent 80 Ex on your build you must be extremley OP , perhaps try a playthrough this ladder with somethig UP ? or go for a new cheap/ fast Op build . Also CoC will not go totaly RIP.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
That's how these games work. That is how balance works. Gems, items, skill tree, everything will get changed at some point. You should know this when investing time into a game that constantly recieves updates.

I think people are over reacting to this CoC nerf. I'm sure it will be just fine. Losing power is never fun but if you truly enjoy the skill, you'll find a way to make it work.
1. We don't know yet how it will be changed.
2. We have known for months that the change was coming, you could have sold everything then if it was such an issue.
3. If you were able to spend 80ex for that build, you probably have enough currency to buy one of the "other op build under 10 ex who does the same thing i do with much less work to get there"
4. Expecting that no build is ever changed in a game like PoE is ludicrous.
"
Namcap wrote:
"

This is probley a really good point to highlight.

It is the nature of PoE to constantly change , the only thing that dose not change in PoE is the fact that it changes.

Just use your gear for sth else or sell it. I can imagine that only vagan dagger can lost its previous value. But not a voll's amu since mjolner is back for good.
"
Namcap wrote:

Depends on how you view "change." Is it the change that can completely strip off a build that even the foundation cannot be redeemed or the change that you only need some tweaks to the build to be back on track (possibly has a shot to be even better than before)? If it is the latter, than you can possibly have builds from open beta that can still work or perform better today than when it was in open beta.

Spoiler
My frenzybreaker build was from open beta and still works really well today despite the up and downs the build had. With ascendancy and other contents, it has made my frenzybreaker build better. That goes the same with some of my other open beta builds that are still around.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 25, 2016, 6:22:20 PM
@johnNamikaze

Thats a good point as well .

Iv run a burning discharge character for quite a long time , the build i used to do basicaly the same thing has changesd alot over time . ( both build and items )

CoC Discharge... heh.

(i am contributing)
RiP
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info