Dedicated player since early 2012. Skipped Prophecy. I want to come back, but I'm wavering.

I think I agree, the no save points is a defining weakness of the labyrinth for me.
As far as fun goes, yeah I don't look forward to it either. Ok, it was interesting once, sort-of, up until I died midway through.
"
Psomm wrote:
Thanks ShaUrley, appreciate the info.

For a few others: This should be obvious by now. It's not about how much time is spent in the lab. It's about the 100 HC hours invested outside the lab, then 2 seconds a lag spike or frogger-non-hop nulls and voids those 100 hours.

Spoiler
Before you say the time-tested "But that could happen anywhere! I say "Maybe to you, however I am over-meticulous during typical monster-kill game-play, and take very few risks. It's far less probable in those times."

Regardless, I got my answers prefaced with non-argumentative reasons to ask the questions.

Personally, i was in the same boat as you (skipped prophecy, semi-casual player otherwise).

But i learned to enjoy the lab when i ascended some of my old toons on core HC to try out a few ridiculous builds with the amassed stuff i have.

Lab is fairly safe, if you have the right mindset for it even with a ping of 220 (which i now have for some reason, fucking ISP). I never die to the traps, but they give me some nice adrenaline spikes sometimes if i mess up. Just carry 3 lifeflasks and dont spam them.

And basically, do it once each difficulty for the ascendency points and never again.
Last edited by Cataca on Aug 25, 2016, 6:59:10 PM
Lab hate is so July.

We've moved on.
You pussied out on Izaro and Lab. Sorry buddy, you're not dedicated.
Bye

Have fun playing something else since you can't deal with Lab which you can't seem to "dedicate" such a minuscule amount of time per character.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Never surprises me jacksacks are always the ones to attempt insults, and in that same attempt prove they didn't read or at the very least comprehend what they should have read.

For the few genuine posters, I appreciate your input.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Last edited by Psomm on Aug 25, 2016, 8:44:28 PM
I've heard no news regarding changes to the Labyrinth such as you've mentioned.

"
Psomm wrote:
I want to dive back in, yet I'm absolutely 100% turned off by the Labyrinth.

That seems a pretty definitive sentence right there.
Since I don't recall things being made harder to compensate for Ascendancies there is the possibility of ignoring the Labyrinth and just continuing to play the game you enjoy.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:26:26 PM
Have you seen

http://www.poelab.com/merciless

?

It helped me cope. Should let you do the lab faster. Fast enough that you can tolerate lab? Maybe. You'd have to try it and see if you can stomach it.

Edit: I just fully read the responses too, would also recommend trying SC. You could always delete your character on any non lab death. I know that's very unsatisfactory for most HC players, but thought I'd add it.
Last edited by innervation on Aug 25, 2016, 9:51:07 PM
"
Psomm wrote:
Never surprises me jacksacks are always the ones to attempt insults, and in that same attempt prove they didn't read or at the very least comprehend what they should have read.

For the few genuine posters, I appreciate your input.

Maybe because you made a clickbait thread to just complain about the lab when you can simply overlevel the lab and then run it trivially or actually spend 1hour in standard lab and learn the tabs and spawn patterns (not sure if this might exceed your level of "dedication")

Running lab in each difficulty maybe takes 2 hours maximum time out of the "fun" of the league and if you honestly say that you play PoE well than it shouldn't be an issue. If your build is for some reason unable to handle the lab (?) or you just really can't navigate the traps than who cares if you don't get your last 2 points until level 90 or so. Not everything needs to have an expectation or standardization in this game mate you are free to progress at your own pace :)

Don't be so adverse to change, you're just gimping yourself.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info