[2.3] Mjölner Science Juggernaut MoM/Crit/Discharge Guardians down facetank on hard mods with videos

Thx for your fast reply and your thoughts

"
Can you point out in which video? I never used Elemental Overload. I think someone did a calculation in the forums and the resolution was if u have >250% crit multi and > 33% crit chance its better than elemental overload. I cant remember who or in which guide it was. You are free to try out Elemental overload its not much worse than crit multiplier for this build.

Sry. My bad. I misinterpreted one of the buff icons for the Elemental Overload one. To bad we don't have a DPS Dummy to test setups. Will try different versions and see how it feels, but need to shape the build first and get the required items.

"
I have tried block variant in 2.3 times. My conclusion was relying on block is not enough to tank the hardest hits in the game therefore i decided to go for max (e)HP to tank core malachai slams and uber atziri double flameblasts and stacked stormcalls back in 2.3 prenerfed dmg without relying on block. With block jewels you lose: 7% life for each jewel, a shit ton of spell dmg/attack speed/ crit chance/multiplier and the most important part: ES gain on hit - this build is specially designed around ES gain on hit jewels with MoM/EB mechanics and crit mechanics with legacy surgeons flasks. Basically this way you have around 2k more (e)HP and (almost) perma uptime of flask effects to slurp big hits and eliminate risk of dying compared to block mjolners.

Same here. Tried Block in 2.3. It feels safer for 80% of the content, but the random oneshot and deaths are just ruining it. eHP is the way to go I think.

"
I hope you mean elemental focus not controlled destruction. This build relies on legacy surgeons flasks to tank the hardest elemental hits in the game .....

I was refering to controlled destruction, as I am playing in essence. So the legacy surgeons aren't available anyway. Haven't goten to high map tiers yet - so I didn't feel the need for perma flasks. But you are absolutely right. Controlled destruction will break the refill of the suregeons.
Again... too bad we don't have a test dummy to see how things actually work.

Will the "20% chance to shock from Q Arc" proc with Elemental Focus?

Thx again for your thoughts. I will see how it works for me. Time for grinding/testing...

"
neuerkunde wrote:

Will the "20% chance to shock from Q Arc" proc with Elemental Focus?

No but trash usually dies in one discharge and bosses are unshockable with their millions of HP except you use vinktars.
Hi, i m following ur guide here and i have few questions.

1. how did u add up to 95% FR? (I have 20/21 pof + flask still not getting there)

2. how to buff dmg? I see u have all kinds of dmg add to discharge with a buffed dmg 130k, how ever i can only reach 24k here.. what m i missing?

Thank u,
"
gh1134 wrote:
Hi, i m following ur guide here and i have few questions.

1. how did u add up to 95% FR? (I have 20/21 pof + flask still not getting there)

2. how to buff dmg? I see u have all kinds of dmg add to discharge with a buffed dmg 130k, how ever i can only reach 24k here.. what m i missing?

Thank u,

Hello,

To 1: Its a screenshot with the following items: lvl 21 purity of fire inside
= 5 base resist +

Purity of fire with gloves = 5% + 25% aura effect = 6% fire resist + 8% from flasks = 81 (base) + 6% aura + 8% from flasks = 95%

About 2: 24k is pretty good with just charges for a life build. The 130k screenshot is from 2.3 with prenerfed discharge damage i took there full charges, righteous fire, conc effect and elemental focus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info