Slivertongue Vs. Brain Rattler

Both uniques came from high tier map bosses right?
Then why the hell the bow it's awesome and the 2H mace it's almost garbage!!!

Lets see: Low critical base, low APS, 50% damage converted to elemental so less life leech important thing in 2H melee char...
In the other hand we have the Bow with 7.5 critical base (doubled if fork), bleeding and piercing, and WTF are you thinking???

Get one of this items have the same difficulty, hard big thug tier 16 bosses, one boss drop an awesome bow, the other... well... a shit mace.

Melee chars must be too much overpowered in next league, do they?.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 5:17:01 PM
Their both garbage.

There, happy now?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 25, 2016, 11:24:11 AM
"
diegodgo87 wrote:

In the other hand we have the Bow with 7.5 critical base (doubled if fork)

I seriously doubt that the fork crit bonus is local. So it won't be "double" the base, will it? Ey? WHAT? But we all know GGG have a strange view on melee and how to balance it. I don't think melee is as underpowered as some of "us" thinks, but it isn't "all up there".

But you haven't read the patch notes, have you? Maybe some nodes will make that mace a fucking dream, ey? WHAT?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Aug 25, 2016, 11:32:30 AM
"50% damage converted to elemental so less life leech"
Not exactly a hard rule there. Vitality Void and the Slayer's small nodes are non-specific Attack Leech, so they're still solid options for Leeching. It's a really weird hammer though, I don't know what to make of it :/

"In the other hand we have the Bow with 7.5 critical base (doubled if fork)[..]"
It's a conditional modifier, which usually means it's global.
If it does apply locally ala Scaeva, then it's a 12.5% Crit Bow (stacks additively with other local mods, specifically the implicit), which is absolutely ridiculous. Worth noting that they're still playing with different damage values, looking to perhaps increase that base damage a bit (Ziggy's version has ~280 pDPS).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714390/page/1

Make melee great again vote today!

Some blatant self advertisement. But fuck it i don't care, just hope our limited amount of melee community can somehow force this thing to have a bit of rework.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714390/page/1

Make melee great again vote today!

Some blatant self advertisement. But fuck it i don't care, just hope our limited amount of melee community can somehow force this thing to have a bit of rework.

Peace,

-Boem-

I'm with you in this!
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Bow is interesting. I don't think it'll be overpowered.

Mace is weird to me. Looks like they started off well and then we're like nope. Filled in remainder with a pile of crap. Chance to Flee? Dafuq.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
The problem is based on GGG's metrics, melee is fine because there's people playing EQ Jugg and there's also a ton of CoC discharge with Cyclone.

Ranged builds have a ton of uniques mechanics, while melee hasn't had anything truly unique since Soul Taker.
"50% of physical damage converted to lightning damage" is a really good build-enabling mod. Uniques don't have to be BiS, they just need a good reason to use them. This mace has a really good reason to use it.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Only real issue I see is that the mace has lower crit chance.

The mace isn't meant to be op dps wise imo it's more for it's unique mods like slowing enemy's.

Also the fact that you can convert 100% of your physical damage to lightning with the mace has some room for interesting builds. However I do feel that most of the time the fact that it has 50% lightning conversion is going to end up lowering your actual dps because of monsters resistances.

Also the other melee maces that the thing has ton contend with probably plays an effect. lets be honest here the amount of good unique 2 handed mace vs the amount of good unique 2 handed bows is...

For the new bow to even be desired it already has to compete with infractum, voltaxic, reach, chinsol, windripper ect. What does the mace have to compete with? Kongor's?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info