Can you stop limiting and gating the content? thanks

totally,
i agree with everyone on every point

kisses
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

They did. It's called The Lord's Labyrinth. It turns out some people hate it with passion.

But, yeah, I'm a supporter of always available, but hard content. The problem is that PoE has static difficulty, for the most part - which means that content X can alway be trivialized by build Y. GGG then balances this with random access.

I'd love to have something like D3 rifts in PoE - always accessible, infinite difficulty to throw your character against. Balanced so that it wouldn't impact the economy (no gear drops or something like that).

Actually they do seem to agree on that part and for what we know up to this time Atlas will make at least maps more avaible, which seems like a nice thing.

The always avaible approach by D3 has its own issues (but there is more complains about that in the D3 forum :P).

I also see the map system as more easily improveable. And the thing they need to manage better is to make characters want to do more parts of the content, so that a certain build might be good at one but not good at another thing. To be fair they did that partially with the Lab, which is the only part of the game that actually punishes low life parts (oh besides of course the Grandmasters with Culling Strike, I loved the complaints about low life builds being oneshotted by culling strike grandmasters).

And honestly some kind of endless ledge without improved item quantity would be kinda cool. Just to level. It could roll a random map for each level you get up and if you don't want a mod that is rolled you can trade it in for 10% less experience. It is inferior to running gorges (since with only basic quantity it wouldn't drop much) but would quickly get harder, since the lvl68 starting area has only one mod, but the 78 area already has potentially 11 mods or a loss of XP. A design like this is possible, but again, improving map avaibility is a better choice, not necessarily incredible high maps, but getting a stable around T10 or so is decent and should provide regular red map drops.

Uber Lab is still gated by keys, rng based on finding map trials.

And Atlas will be a map drop nerf, I'm predicting. Don't forget, bosses dont' drop +2 maps anymore, until after you unlock it. You also don't get variety in your map drops at the start of the league while progressing. If you start at one corner, you are stuck with the maps that drop along that atlas path. This is vastly different than mapping previously, where you could get any map type to drop within a tier. With atlas, if you chose a path with bad map layouts, you are stuck with those bad map layout drops until you drop back down tiers to open up the path on the other side of the atlas that has better map layouts. Overall, I see the start of map progression slowing down.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
_Emperor_ wrote:
totally,
i agree with everyone on every point

kisses

Your being triggered by support aside for now, I think this goes well beyond nitpicking and clear/unclear writing. AoW limits nothing, and gives players the tools to intentionally pare their drop variety down in whatever way makes them happy.

On gating, nothing appears to be gated in AoW that wasn't gated before. Everything that will be gated can be fully circumvented by trading. You don't have to do the guardian fights to get the uniques, you can trade for them. You don't have to run the T15 maps to fight the guardians, you can trade for them. Unlike the lab - which is actual gating. You can only pay to make the process easier, you can't trade for the result.
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
I guess you guys do not know the fact of saturation.
Doesnt matter if i voice my arguments completely and respond to every nuanced opinion.
Does. not. matter.

All i have to do is voice what i think at the moment, and i do not even have to carefully craft what i write. There is no need.

We can go into semantics what gating means, what it meant before and what it means now. How a complex system is developed to mask a simple IIQ IIR increase etc. All of that does not matter.

Its the Feedback forum, i post my badly cobbled feedback and some might agree, some might disparage and every time the "yesmen" will come to talk it out. Even that doesnt matter.

Saturation is the key of everything. Keep the thought in the air, inject the "opinion" on a regular basis. That is what counts.

See what the "yesmen" do. Every post that is even mildly upstream they jump in, hash out the facts the logic and the expertly crafted arguments. Beet back the arguments with sheer volume. All of that is just saturation, ebb and flow of content and discontent.
I just wanted to say that this post describes the thing I most hate about these forums. I'm not saying you description is inaccurate or anything, I actually think that's pretty much what's going on. But what's going on is bullshit.

In any sane world, one wins a debate with reason. Good arguments matter. Logic and facts matter. Not just repeating one's points ad nauseum. But that's what seems to be the New Victory, with the winner being the squeakiest wheel. Look at the dang Labirynth threads. Or, hell, look at Donald Trump. It feels we are increasingly living in a world where approval is not a function of merit, but of familiarity... a familiarity drilled into us through incessant repetition.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 26, 2016, 3:59:39 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I just wanted to say that this post describes the thing I most hate about these forums. I'm not saying you description is inaccurate or anything, I actually think that's pretty much what's going on. But what's going on is bullshit.

In any sane world, one wins a debate with reason. Good arguments matter. Logic and facts matter. Not just repeating one's points ad nauseum. But that's what seems to be the New Victory, with the winner being the squeakiest wheel. Look at the dang Labirynth threads. Or, hell, look at Donald Trump. It feels we are increasingly living in a world where approval is not a function of merit, but of familiarity... a familiarity drilled into us through incessant repetition.

If you're not ending your post with an emoji, no one will know how to feel about it. Sad. Confusing.
"
morbo wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
Make the damn content HARDER but make it AVAILABLE.

They did. It's called The Lord's Labyrinth. It turns out some people hate it with passion.

You mean the lab that is gated behind finding 6 DIFFERENT trials? 6 different trials that after grinding 3 characters all to level 85+ I still hadn't found all 6 of them 2 months into the league?

Oh and by the way that's after spending at least two weeks grinding tier 1 and 2 white maps endlessly trying to find trials I hadn't done yet.

"available"
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Aug 27, 2016, 10:09:11 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
Make the damn content HARDER but make it AVAILABLE.

You mean the lab that is gated behind finding 6 DIFFERENT trials? 6 different trials that after grinding 3 characters all to level 85+ I still hadn't found all 6 of them 2 months into the league?

"available"

I, on the other hand, found all of them in 1 day.

available

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info