Suggestions for Kongor's Unyielding Terror, Ele Overload build

I am in theorycraft phase. May mess with it in Essence.

Rquired uniques:

Helpful uniques/maybe required as this build needs crit from items badly:

Main attack: Ice crash, and Phys to lightning support so that we are 100% Ele Damage

The idea being to have a high crit chance, and full melee dam conversion to ele to fully take advantage of Ele overload.

Looking for feedback on the tree, and any gear you think would really help bring this together.

Here is the build I have theorycrafted: http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAQSzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBQgFE0UcRiRGjgc3CE0IVUnICcvLPsyiTLRNZI5DjpSOtg64Ts7PAU8LT38QKBBP0VHRrdHfk3jUEdR5lZIV-JYY14TXz9hUmVNZ5to8nTtdqx3U3fleHp673uMgpuDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaooijM-PGpBVkn2XeZhvmjuexZ_fogCmV6cIqSeplK2Nrj6vbLQvtz68n702vqfAZsCmxq7G2M9-02_YJNi92WHawdwj3D3kUeXP6hjrCevu7SDvDu9O73zwH_JF9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 8:21:56 PM
It says that you are starting as Marauder don't you want Templar Inquisitor to ignore Elemental Resistances?
I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Aug 24, 2016, 8:23:42 PM
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
It says that you are starting as Marauder don't you want Templar Inquisitor to ignore Elemental Resistances?

That is a very good suggestion. I guess my only concern is the wasted crit multi. So as inquisitor it would be Augury of Penitence, Righteous Providence, and Inevitable Judgement: 46% Increased Ele Dam, 6% All Ele Resist, 8 % Less ele Dam, 30% Static Crit Multi, 100% increased crit chance against enemies that are not affected by status ailments. So Pretty much just the first attack. Which is nice for trash mobs. But wasted on bosses. Crit Multi will be in affect on bosses which is wasted.

Lastly, my crits penetrate all resists. I should be at 30% crit with this build. So, that is effectively .3*60% or an 18% increased damage. That is really decent. Non Crits 70% *10% would be another 7% increased for a total of 25%. Really not bad.

For marauder, I would go: Unstoppable, unbreakable, unyielding.

A lot of defense... but obviously not near the damage increase. Hmmm...
"
Deliverme wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

That is a very good suggestion. I guess my only concern is the wasted crit multi. So as inquisitor it would be Augury of Penitence, Righteous Providence, and Inevitable Judgement: 46% Increased Ele Dam, 6% All Ele Resist, 8 % Less ele Dam, 30% Static Crit Multi, 100% increased crit chance against enemies that are not affected by status ailments. So Pretty much just the first attack. Which is nice for trash mobs. But wasted on bosses. Crit Multi will be in affect on bosses which is wasted.

You're converting 100% of damage anyway, why not just use elemental focus after WED? You won't be shocking bosses with enough health anyway (and some, like atziri, can't be shocked). So instead, you'll just perpetually maintain optimal crit chance. If you're taking physical to lightning anyway, it ends up being a better 6th link than either faster attacks (assuming your tree has at least _some_ increased attack speed) or added fire damage.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 24, 2016, 9:03:46 PM
"
"
Deliverme wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

You're converting 100% of damage anyway, why not just use elemental focus after WED? You won't be shocking bosses with enough health anyway (and some, like atziri, can't be shocked). So instead, you'll just perpetually maintain optimal crit chance. If you're taking physical to lightning anyway, it ends up being a better 6th link than either faster attacks (assuming your tree has at least _some_ increased attack speed) or added fire damage.

Thanks, hadnt fully thought out my 6L. I was considering Ice Crash, Phys to light, Additional Crit, WED, Melee Physical (It should fully convert yea? Not be wasted?), and then either ele focus or Conc Effect/additional area of effect depending on trash or boss.

Thoughts?

If you're using Increased Critical Strikes, then there's absolutely no reason to not go inquisitor anyway. I was only offering elemental focus as a way to go inquisitor without losing anything major, not saying it was necessarily strictly optimal.

Because, see, if you _aren't_ an inquisitor, you shouldn't even run increased critical strikes because you only need 1 crit every 8 seconds (which is easy and requires very little crit investment at all). Whereas, if you are an inquisitor, every crit counts but you still want crit chance over crit multi.

You're right that melee physical damage won't be wasted, but elemental focus gives you exactly the same multiplier (including your hatred and herald of ash damage) while also giving you the "benefit" of not inflicting status ailments (and therefore critting more). Everything ends up having exactly the same multipliers.

For trash, you're right that increased AoE is the way to go.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 24, 2016, 9:31:39 PM
"
you only need 1 crit every 8 seconds

You need 1 crit every 2s if you want permanent onslaught.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
That doesn't seem like a realistic goal when clearing trash with melee. When killing bosses, it's quite easy--if you had only 2 attacks per second you only need a 25% crit chance because you're just standing in place.

A real crit build wants over 50% crit chance. That's where increased critical strikes comes in. But an elemental overload build doesn't need that unless you're negating elemental resistance on every crit.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 24, 2016, 9:41:21 PM
Proposed combo of Inevitable Judgement + Righteous Providence + Elemental Overload + Elemental Focus is the best in my feeling - permanent 100% increased crit chance,damage dealt boosted both by EO and ignoring resistances (which is damn HUGE) is just too awesome to pass it by.
As 8th ascendancy point you could pick either Instruments of Virtue for free 24% increased attack speed and extra CWDT spell damage (also attack damage if ex you cast a curse just before fight,or use Flame Dash/Lightning Warp as movement skill which would be wise if you pick that ascendancy),or Sanctify for healing (4.5% life regen) and damage boost,available also on demand thanks to Sulphur Flasks.
Thanks all - will def do this as inquisitor.

Any suggestions on uniques other than mentioned? Or changes to skill tree?

I think this could be pretty fun, and decent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info