How much will cherry-picking your Atlas really cost you?

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

I'm in this group but my threshold will probably be T13+ since I think those maps might allow the most efficient leveling this patch. I didn't read the rest of your analysis, am I doing it right?

Well all of the things you're giving up are objective, but how much any one of them matter to you is subjective. Ty for scam <3
My main concern is about getting a ton of shitty t1 maps in t10 area, as example, and this can happen despite you "cherrypick" (you will have a pool of massive ammount of t1 maps plus your unlocked ones). You can reduce your pool options, but there is no way to prevent t1's to keep spawning xD

So my choice is to unlock every map where I can bump the boss )*(, get more % map and get more of everything which can eventually be merged. :)

Some good-maps-open/linear-grind-area/shit-1shooty-boss pairs need specific caracters to finish them (most clear example: JUNGLE VALLEY), specially with painful mods as it demanded, so we must think about.
Unlock all maps T10 and lower, unlock only the very best t11 and higher.
Ideally you only get one map per tier past tier 11.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
innervation wrote:

Picture it like a boolean from programming:

<map drops>
<roll tier>
dropCategory = map unlocked on Atlas previously
else drop = map connected on Atlas

When you're first starting, you've unlocked nothing, and the 'neighboring map rule' is there to give the drops a rule to drop by. Later on, when you've unlocked most things, it will be a pretty irrelevant rule, because it will never get to the 'or else' situation.

It could be a weighted OR (inclusive) rather than OR ELSE (excluding sentence) and merge both map type pools so you keep getting maps conected by atlas with priority despite you unveiled all nodes.

Indeed, we dont know if that choices have a weight function: in other words, connected maps could have a increased chance to drop unknown maps, else you could stick easily in known maps (potential wells in the drop function lol) by RNG. ;)

Array of all linked and unveiled maps, weighed by GGG or shorting by any kind of relevance factor (it could be very dynamic) related to the tier you dropped it, the tier of the item, the level the player has etc, lonely player of many people in area... etc etc.

PD: I think that there is a high weight to t1 maps, actually. They keep dropping everywhere despite the tier you play. ;)

Last edited by Halugar on Aug 25, 2016, 4:45:40 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:24:48 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Ty for scam <3

You'd better watch your portals for that one!

"
Halugar wrote:
You can reduce your pool options, but there is no way to prevent t1's to keep spawning xD

Why would you want to prevent shitty maps at all? How do you sustain chisels without them?

Filter them out and have your high speed meta builds find chisels faster than t1s drop.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:25:06 PM
"
innervation wrote:

That line caused some confusion for me and many others as well. Pretend like that line about neighboring maps only applies for when you first enter mapping and it makes more sense. Picture it like a boolean from programming:

<map drops>
<roll tier>
dropCategory = map unlocked on Atlas previously
else drop = map connected on Atlas

When you're first starting, you've unlocked nothing, and the 'neighboring map rule' is there to give the drops a rule to drop by. Later on, when you've unlocked most things, it will be a pretty irrelevant rule, because it will never get to the 'or else' situation.

@ghamadvar that's very nice of you to say, but I wouldn't want to feel pressured not to be an asshole if I find myself in the mood.

thank you for clarifying, good job doing it too.

Wouldn't it make more sense/be more intuitive if they just delete the "map unlocked on Atlas" line?

Then you would not get punished by exploring the atlas, still will be able to find maps you want (and when you want them- this is a big one i think here).

They introduce base items that drop only in certain maps, so i.e. I want A item that drops in X map, but I prefer playing Y map and would like to gather Y maps to run them, but if i need A items I need to run X map at some point which will screw up my plan on running Y map. Not to mention that I wont see the rest of the atlas...

Seems like a very gimmick way of doing this imho.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:25:38 PM
Imagine this is a straight part of atlas:

T1-->T2-->T4-->X-->X-->t8-->t9-->... (X - not completed map)

if u bought t8 map and farm it from this chain u can get t9 and first X map to the left as drops. U cannot get t1\t2\t4 cause they are not "connected" to t8 since there are 2 X maps in between.

t1-->t2-->t4-->t5-->t6-->t8-->t9-->..

if u farm t8 from this chain u can get any map drop in this chain cause every map leading up to t8 is "connected" via previously opened maps.

This is how I understand "u can get map drops that are adjacent on the atlas". Basically u cannot get a map drop of a map that is not linked by a chain of completed maps to the current.

Example: If u are doing Arsenal u will not get Reef even if u completed it unless it is connected to arsenal via a chain of completed maps.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Last edited by _Zerk_ on Aug 25, 2016, 7:18:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info