Shapped Gorge map

So I'm not quite sure I understand everything about the new Atlas system but let say that I have a shapers orb and decide to use it on a Gorge map.

Gorge maps are currently tier 9. So if a Shaper's ob augments it by + 5 it will become a tier 14 map. All all subsequent drops of the gorge map will be shaped tier 14.

This is awesome in my mind. Here we have a linear map with a weak boss as a tier 14 map. This is good right?

Now my next question is, If I'm playing in a tier 9 map, will the game drop me a tier 9 (tier 14) gorge map, or do I have to play unshaped tier 14 maps for the shaped tier 14 gorge to drop?
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2016, 4:58:02 AM
First, you can't shape Gorge, it is no longer a T9 map.

For your question, they said that shaped maps follow current map mechanics, where you can only find your tier +2. If you want to get T14 maps, you need to run T12 at minimum. Your shaped T9 just won't drop anymore.
"
Namcap wrote:

For your question, they said that shaped maps follow current map mechanics, where you can only find your tier +2. If you want to get T14 maps, you need to run T12 at minimum. Your shaped T9 just won't drop anymore.

Gorge not a T9? What Tier will be Gorge now?

Sorry, I'm not informed...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

Gorge not a T9? What Tier will be Gorge now?

Sorry, I'm not informed...

Yeah, it's still T9 afaik and how come I cant shape gorge?
Gorge will be T13. Can't go higher than T16, so can't shape Gorge.

edit: seeing full map it does seem Gorge is T13. Dunno why some other maps said it was T12 along with Necropolis, when it is the link between Necro and Shrine.
Last edited by Namcap on Aug 24, 2016, 5:53:10 PM
Check out the annotated Atlas here. No guarantee that everything will stay the same, but according to that Gorge has to be T13.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 24, 2016, 5:49:38 PM
yeah u cant shape a red tier map right? They essentially turn whites into yellows and yellows into reds. The highest tier of map that rewards an orb will be a t15, which means the highest map you will be able to shape will be a t10 from what i understand.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Aug 24, 2016, 5:54:03 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
Check out the annotated Atlas here. No guarantee that everything will stay the same, but according to that Gorge has to be T13.

Thank you for the image :)

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
So if I shape a Temple map, and have no other maps unlocked (except the higher tier map I ran to get the Shaper Orb), and run a Temple... I can't get a Temple? I'll just get T1 maps instead?
"
thurmack wrote:
So if I shape a Temple map, and have no other maps unlocked (except the higher tier map I ran to get the Shaper Orb), and run a Temple... I can't get a Temple? I'll just get T1 maps instead?

Well, considering that you won't get the shaper orb until you've run/completed a +5 map I think the likelyhood of your scenario is unlikely (unless you decide to scour all your higher maps from the atlas after you get the shaper orb).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info