WTB Necropolis maps! WTS Gorge maps!

"
_Zerk_ wrote:
Fun fact, 4 t1 maps are already in your map drop pool and they have like 100:1 chance to drop vs t12. Have fun getting 9\10 t1's from your double boss 140%Q necropolis maps.

This is not how map drops work. The tier of the map is decided first, then the layout. If you still don't get it, google for a lengthy explanation and read up.
Last edited by XibalbaL on Aug 24, 2016, 4:09:17 PM
"
XibalbaL wrote:
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
Fun fact, 4 t1 maps are already in your map drop pool and they have like 100:1 chance to drop vs t12. Have fun getting 9\10 t1's from your double boss 140%Q necropolis maps.

This is not how map drops work. The tier of the map is decided first, then the layout. If you still don't get it, google for a lengthy explanation and read up.

So that's proly why t1-t6 drop five times as much as red maps, cause tier decisions and layouts.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
"
innervation wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

Me too! Makes it easy to sustain a map pool when people are selling them cheap. I also like killing zombies and skelingtons, so yeah.

I suppose its not as bad as terrace.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
XibalbaL wrote:
"
_Zerk_ wrote:

Maps definitely do have weighted average drop rates (ie. a T1 and T10 don't have the same chance to drop)

What people expect to happen, is that if you only have T1 and T10 available (T1 being there by default), there's 2 things that can happen:
1. It rolls T6, you don't have any T6 so you get nothing.
2. It rolls T6, you don't have any T6, it goes down the list until it hits the next available tier, in this case T1.

What many people think is going to happen, is you have T1 and T10 available, making it a 50/50 chance to get either and therefore you'll be swimming in T10s.

I'll eat my hat with a fork and knife if this is how they do it.
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
"
XibalbaL wrote:
"
_Zerk_ wrote:

So that's proly why t1-t6 drop five times as much as red maps, cause tier decisions and layouts.

Ok, let me break it down a little.
At least from what we know by the devs, The tier is chosen first. Obviously it's much more common that a low tier is chosen, this is why low tiers are common. However, when you drop a high tier map, the layout is then chosen. Right now, you get a layout at random. After AoW, you will be able to cancel bad layouts. Basically, if you only unlock gorge, gorge will be the only map of its tier (t12 with AoW) that drops, plus Necropolis. You still get the same amount of tier 12 maps, but more of them will be Gorges. And that's how it works.

Also, no I do not know what happens if you don't unlock the tiers in between. I'm assuming you'd be right in that circumstance.

This system may change in 2.4, and everything here will be irrelevant. Also, if I remember these mechanics incorrectly, please point it out. I never claimed I'm perfect.
Last edited by XibalbaL on Aug 24, 2016, 4:43:23 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:

LOL. Realest poe meme out there. Indoor/prison-like layouts.. christ.
Actually The necropolis layout is pretty simple to clear, you just have to follow the outer wall in one direction and turn around the map. It's extremely fast when you are used to it.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 24, 2016, 5:07:07 PM
GGG should be embarrassed they made all this new content and then encouraged players not to run it by how maps drop. This is a travesty. What a waste.
Well it's very good known that players will open good 1 map of each tier. Skipping the rest.
But let's hope this approach will still be abysmal due to not enough map drop-rate bonus.

The safest bet is to open any maps in low and mid tier, then shape only high tier maps.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
JusJev wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

LOL. Realest poe meme out there. Indoor/prison-like layouts.. christ.
Creamatorium is amazing though :[
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info