Be prepared for low Atlas completionists to complain about map drop rates

Afaik there are no plans to nerf map drop rates because of atlas bonus. Maybe someone from GGG can clarify?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Actually im thinking that players who have struggled with map drops are going to LOVE this patch..
Simply because all they have to do now if clear all the low maps as they work up the tiers and the drop rate improves quite a bit by the time you reach the point the map drops typically fall off at around T9-11.

If you simply do ALL the maps you find in every tier up to that point ideally you should not hit that wall anymore. Because the new bonus for completing maps will counter that drop off i think.

Im hopeful anyway shit even i have issues sometimes still even after figuring out all the tricks. I still struggle to get the Reds to come where i can stay there. Even T12. I think this system if it works just like they say it does will alleviate ALOT of the problems. Because now we are earning a better drop rate instead of relying solely on RNG that can give nothing on the most ridiculous maps and rain maps on a white.

Fingers crossed guys! \m/

"
viciousnugget wrote:
I think we'll have to wait and see. I know I plan on filling out my atlas just for fun and to say I cleared them all.

Indeed. Not only for the drop rate help but just so i have something more to do and can show what all ive done in the league. I like this Endgame alot more. Im actually Hyped for once! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 24, 2016, 3:17:32 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Killro wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
You don't have to avoid EVERY maps except the high tier, you just have to unlock the ones with best layout. That way you'll still get the bonus and an effective map pool for your reroll.

Pretty much this.

My plan with this new system is to just not unlock 15 maps or so that I know I hate due to their layout. Unless there is an achievement to unlock them all, then.... ugh. I will have to think on that.

They also mentioned in one of the "intro to Atlas videos" that they reworked previously existent maps. HOPEFULLY this means modifying things like Underground River and Abandoned Caverns with their 97 dead ends and 410 walls you have to circle around.

God I hope so. I prefer to play a variety of maps to keep things interesting rather than chain Gorge's all day long.

"
Demonoz wrote:
Actually im thinking that players who have struggled with map drops are going to LOVE this patch..
Simply because all they have to do now if clear all the low maps as they work up the tiers and the drop rate improves quite a bit by the time you reach the point the map drops typically fall off at around T9-11.

If you simply do ALL the maps you find in every tier up to that point ideally you should not hit that wall anymore. Because the new bonus for completing maps will counter that drop off i think.

Im hopeful anyway shit even i have issues sometimes still even after figuring out all the tricks. I still struggle to get the Reds to come where i can stay there. Even T12. I think this system if it works just like they say it does will alleviate ALOT of the problems. Because now we are earning a better drop rate instead of relying solely on RNG that can give nothing on the most ridiculous maps and rain maps on a white.

Fingers crossed guys! \m/

It doesn't really fix anything, maps are still RNG tied and even the maximum bonus given by the Atlas (100%) is barely noticeable (you can easily get more than that if you spend currency on crafting or corrupt already). You will still hit a wall with red maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info