Be prepared for low Atlas completionists to complain about map drop rates

The drop bonus from atlas is multiplicative which makes it seem that the likelihood of a map drop without these bonuses will be significantly lower than the current rate. I'm wondering if the guys that are planning on unlocking select maps only will be struggling to maintain their map pool and unlock the higher content. Any thoughts on this / Am I completely in the wrong?
Last edited by unTop on Aug 24, 2016, 1:51:12 PM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 3:27:24 PM
I think we'll have to wait and see. I know I plan on filling out my atlas just for fun and to say I cleared them all.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
You don't have to avoid EVERY maps except the high tier, you just have to unlock the ones with best layout. That way you'll still get the bonus and an effective map pool for your reroll.
That map drop rate bonus is so low that it doesn't really matter at all. If you have like 5 maps on the same tier, and suppose they all have the same drop chances, you would need to have 5 times more map drops to end with the same amount of desirable maps.

You can also full clear all low tier maps, as long as they don't add a undesirable map to your target tier pool, so the difference in bonus drop rate won't even be that big between farmers and full clear.
in b4 ggg announcement stating all good map bases now contain large indoor mazes
Yeah I think I just confused myself somehow. Nevermind.
Last edited by unTop on Aug 24, 2016, 3:12:45 PM
The thread title and your post confuse me, they don't really tie into each other.

I'm a map completionist. I will run every map regardless of layout/exp/reward until I have that 100% IIQ bonus (likely in 2024).
Those who plan on buying a t10 map and only running those in an attempt to cheese the system and only have t10+ maps drop are definitely not completionist. And I do think they will be greatly disappointed by that method, instead being drowning in T1 maps and finding less T10 than the other guy whose has done all maps leading to it.
"
IceDeal wrote:
You don't have to avoid EVERY maps except the high tier, you just have to unlock the ones with best layout. That way you'll still get the bonus and an effective map pool for your reroll.

Pretty much this.

My plan with this new system is to just not unlock 15 maps or so that I know I hate due to their layout. Unless there is an achievement to unlock them all, then.... ugh. I will have to think on that.
"
unTop wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

To re-iterate what my interpretation of what ZiggyD's video and GGG suggests: The Atlas bonus is multiplicative, not additive, with map rolls. So a fully completed 100% bonus Atlas will give you exactly that; However, many players are suggesting completing at maximum a quarter of the Atlas for desirable map farming only which will result in a much lower bonus, again, because it has been said that the bonus is multiplicative. Basically a completionist will have at least 4X the maps drops of these guys. Of course with such a high map drop % it only makes sense that the base map drop chance has been lowered significantly.
i think the math is 100% more applied to 140 would be 280% IIQ for map drops.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Killro wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

Pretty much this.

My plan with this new system is to just not unlock 15 maps or so that I know I hate due to their layout. Unless there is an achievement to unlock them all, then.... ugh. I will have to think on that.

They also mentioned in one of the "intro to Atlas videos" that they reworked previously existent maps. HOPEFULLY this means modifying things like Underground River and Abandoned Caverns with their 97 dead ends and 410 walls you have to circle around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info