So I can see Melee is STILL in the gutter with the release of the new Uniques.

Last league we got Reach Of The Council (entirely dedicated to ranged, on top of that, it is being hit with the nerf bat, though this was unsurprising)

Now you've given the exact same type of item (yay, more projectiles without dealing less damage, while still dealing more damage if you're using cold skills. Because this idea wasn't used for range at all. Nope. Probably going to be hit with the nerf bat in the near future? Maybe.) to Spell-casters.

So I'm assuming next expansion/league is going to be some pretty nifty (or over-powered, if people would like to put it) melee weapons? I kinda grow a little tired of the same stale meta. (although, I can't really complain, I love playing ranged, off-screening 100~0'ing things is so much easier than going in face first to something that I know will just kill me outright)

I would still like to create a proper melee character though. Something that can actually even come close to keeping up to speed with the ranged characters (though this is impossible, especially with the uniques the way they are)
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 10:23:14 PM
Oro's Sacrifice flickerstrike.

It aint melee in my opinion by any stretch of the word, but at least it has comparable clearspeed to any ranged build. Cleared poorjoys with it, no trouble. So even in this meta, "melees" like earthquake, flickerstrike and to a lesser extend sunder and cyclone can compete.
(and i suppose reave/cleave/lacerate)

"real melee" like v-strike, doublestrike and the rest though? Boned.

But in my opinion, you dont solve the issues melee have with slapping another t1 obligatory unique on them. Thats poor design. Melees need some rebuilding of their skillnodes. "Chance to get fortify on hit" or something. Make fortify skillgem a proper more modifier. Give more block to certain weapon types.
I do love my "melee" Lacerate. I mean, sure its range is the screen, but at least I have a sword.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
My Hegemony's Era Crit Berserker could easily rival my AssReacher this league. I don't know what you're on about, melee is good.
And melee will get a pretty nice boost once that armor/eva community belt is released... onslaught while fortify seems pretty damn awesome.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Melee being dead is exactly why 99% of uber lab tour guides are 1h shield juggernauts.
GGG just needs to release good unique swords and maces and the rest of the un used weapon classes.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
you want to say "2h melee" because 1h have all it need, shield,defense,block...

2h is in the gutter in you don t own Atziri axe or hege.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 24, 2016, 2:32:43 PM
"
Head_Less wrote:

2h is in the gutter if you don't own Atziri axe or hege or Oro's Sacrifice or Trypanon or a simple Marohi Erqi that costs almost nothing.

Fixed it for you!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Head_Less wrote:

2h is in the gutter in you don t own Atziri axe or hege.
Yeah, 1h is quite ok at the moment. Unless you want to be fancy/creative and use the goddess unleashed. Damn that thing's GROSSLY underpowered... it has less damage, higher requirements, more drawbacks, worse gems and a far more difficult way to acquire it than the cauteriser... that is bulls***. Give it a buff already ggg!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info