Summertime Sadness?

Just a title. Nothing about song with corresponding name.

League is about to end and I made a lot of currencie so far...but I don't feel like I accomplished anything. I played this League more like "business simulator" and despite I should be happy with all riches I got in form of raw exalted, chaos and other currencies, 6 links, GG corruptions, etc., I feel some kind of emptiness inside.

Anybody experienced this before? How you handled this? How you keep on enjoying the game?
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 7:01:46 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

League is about to end and I made a lot of currencie so far...but I don't feel like I accomplished anything. I played this League more like "business simulator" and despite I should be happy with all riches I got in form of raw exalted, chaos and other currencies, 6 links, GG corruptions, etc., I feel some kind of emptiness inside.

Anybody experienced this before? How you handled this? How you keep on enjoying the game?

Don't flip and play HC.

Achievement without challenge is meaningless.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Then you have chosen the wrong goals for you it seems.

Nothing wrong with the trade-game, but if that doesn't satisfy you, just go anotjer way next league.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

I don't flip :o Unless it doesn't mean trading in general.

ScriptCore? To die from lag or because Chris just sneezed?^^ I don't have good reaction time to logout in time either, so it will be hard time. :P Two advantages HC have over SC in my opinion is that Exalted are cheaper and it gives more possibilities to craft, potentially even finally do some serious Master Craft. And second one is some items are more expensive, so if you drop some gg unique, you can make more currency (it works against player as well if he wants certain item). Besides that "Thrill Ride" won't really worth much considering my connection. ;_;
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 24, 2016, 8:15:06 AM
I didn't play HC last league because GGG's 'performance improvements' completely fucked me over, also - uber lab (bleh). And I could barely stand 2 weeks in SC before I got bored out of my mind. HC is simply more interesting once you get to know the game well enough, despite all its faults.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 24, 2016, 8:31:07 AM
I did trading simulator when I first started playing, like 2-3 months in. Fun at first but can happily say if I had kept that up I probably wouldn't even be playing the game atm because I would have quit out of sheer boredom. I have limited play time anyways.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
hahahahHAHAHAHHAHAHA i go as far as i can in hardcore if i rip i lay off the game that day get high and drunk .. or continues and get cool drops.. i usually go rarity build until i get too cruell.. its fun seen chaos drom in act 2 :d
You should try and set some interesting goals for yourself. In the end, all the currency and loot don't really amount to much. Especially since once the league is over; it all poofs anyway.

Also, if you don't like playing in HC because of disconnects and stuff, you can still simulate it. If you die from a non-disconnect/crash, delete the character and start over. I actually did that for a league because I was having a lot of crashing issues(Still do; sadly). It is a nice way to simulate the fun of HC without running the risk of being fucked over by a disconnect.

Mostly though; I recommend you just learn to set some new goals for yourself. Something beyond just tearing up the place and amassing a whole bunch of orbs. Perhaps you could take an unlikely skill combination and see if you can make it work? Don't always go for the best; take the worst and see what you can do!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I gave up on HC because I grew tired of losing a 3 week old character who just got to mapping and merciless lab to a poorly designed fight like Izzy. Just too long to spend training up characters in a futile attempt to learn the fight.
Actually I wanted to make Flameblast build even more awesome - instead of going with Life, go LL or CI + Tri-Curse :P But then I heard that Reach is gonna get nerfed and decided to switch to my cute little archer.

Problem is I waste too much time for total bullshit and don't concentrate on anything - nor I level my characters fast, nor I trade as much as I could. I probably still can't afford Headhunter, let alone Mirror. ;_; FeelsNotSoGoodMan.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info