Path of disconnect??

2 days already, fuking disconnected during mapping. What GGG's doing???

Atlas of disconnect?
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 9:36:32 AM
this game is pretty poorly optimized all around, and will likely stay that way--no way or plans in the works as of this moment to turn off or reduce useless particle effects, background 'noise' like the blood pillars in malachai's fight, or anything remotely within spitting distance of anything related to kaom's levels, which makes my computer chug harder than a college frat party.

and they wont need to, as most folks on the forums will reply with "buy better internet", even when the issue isnt related to connection (though with the frequency of "disconnected in lab/final bossdoor/etc" threads you'd think someone in the studio might take a hint).
"
AndIMustMask wrote:
and they wont need to, as most folks on the forums will reply with "buy better internet", even when the issue isnt related to connection

Even if the issue isn't in the end user's Internet connection it doesn't necessarily mean it's in GGG's servers either. Or do you have a theory of how a server problem would selectively apply to only some users?
He is right.. the game has been disconnecting a lot in the past two days. Not sure if its an issue with the server I connect to (D.C.) or what, but it has been pretty bad. I've dc'd approx 10 times so far, and luckily only two of those times I was doing something outside of my hideout. I play HC so a dc like that could ruin the game for me.

Random DC's once a month are one thing, but these past two days have been rough.. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Going to switch to Texas server for a day or so before coming back to the D.C. server and see if things clear up.
I use the DC server as well. I also have experienced many disconnects. My computer is fairly good with decent video and decent ram.

I have had good luck switching to the Texas server when DC keeps crashing. Seems to be an ongoing problem. At least, so far, the instances remain so I only lose usually one portal to the area in maps.

I seriously hope this gets "fixed" soon.
I've stopped doing lab as 2 our of 3 times i get a DC while going from one map to another.

Hopefully they'll fix it come 2.4 .
Give me a fuckin beta already fss..
The problem IS GLOBAL.

Reports of both American users and EU users getting DCs all the time lately.

Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, Washington, Texas are some of the Gateways mentioned by users on Reddit.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
The problem IS GLOBAL.

Yet it doesn't affect all users like it would if it was the game code. Maybe some of the servers have faulty hardware (unlikely, as automatic monitoring would raise alerts and the faulty bits would be replaced). Maybe it's in the regional Internet backbone in some localities. Maybe some ISPs are just bad. There isn't enough data to tell, and whining about the problem isn't going to enable GGG to magically fix it.

As stated in the technical support rules you should include a traceroute when reporting connectivity issues, along with any other information that may be relevant. Saying it happens in all regions and all times of day isn't enough because there's a dozen more variables that may be causing it. Pinpointing the problem is the first step in fixing it and GGG can't do it alone.
"
MFairfax wrote:
I use the DC server as well. I also have experienced many disconnects. My computer is fairly good with decent video and decent ram.

video card and ram have nothing to do with you disconnecting from the game.

"
At least, so far, the instances remain so I only lose usually one portal to the area in maps.

That's a pretty good indicator the problem is not server side.
IGN : @Morgoth
FIX YOUR GAME!!!!! for crying out loud. no apologies accepted; just fix it once and for all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info