Detailed Atlas Mechanics

My wife came buck to me :D
but she does`nt know what surprise waiting her 2September ^_^
Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHE**UCKER! Say what one more god damn time!
You thought running nothing but gorges was popular now? Just wait until Atlas!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
" You can trade for maps and play them regardless of which ones you've previously completed. If you trade for a map and complete it then it unlocks on your Atlas, even if it's not connected to any other ones. "

Am I missing something? You can just buy maps you like so only they can drop afterwards. Seems very exploitable. Who needs that laughable 100% map drop bonus for exploring the atlas if you can basically just delete all "bad maps" from the droplist instead?
Last edited by skepticist on Aug 24, 2016, 5:05:00 AM
Looks like a new income for the 'best' players. I see many partys '10 chaos for killing T15 map boss) :-)) I wonder how many bosses i can't kill...

What happens with the div card drop ? Do they still drop at the 'known' maps and additional to the new ones, or will be the 'drop place' chance completly ?
"

I have a question about Shaper's Orbs, when a specific map becomes shaped it gains 5 tier levels, but will it still drop according to its original tier? Example: I shape a Tier 2 map it becomes Tier 7, will it still drop from Tier 1 and up or it will start dropping only from Tier 5+?

As I understand it, it will start dropping only from tier 5+. That's why the orb can be obtained only from +5 tier map.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Your progress, upgrades and mods on the Atlas of Worlds are shared between all characters on your account in that league.

I must say that this still doesn't make any sense as one of the features of the atlas was supposed to be selecting a path for specific rewards.

Without trying it it sounds like the whole concept would have been much better if we could manually add/remove maps from the atlas to customize our experience depending on build and current goals. This way you could unlock the socket on the atlas by killing the map boss yet still have it be customize-able by adding removing maps to the paths you desire at any given time.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Aug 24, 2016, 4:53:40 AM
I really like the look of this. This way to interconnect the maps and map drops sounds cool, there are some nice rewards built into this. It probably sounds more complicated than it is in the end ;-)

What I am really concerned about, from a scrub softcore casual players perspective, is the "new and revamped boss encounters".
I really liked the fact that there where a few simple bosses around.
"new" bossfight usually meant one or both of two things in the past:
- clusterfuck mechanics (I already fear my GPU melting when the Vaal Pyramid Boss now drops a quazillion elemental mines in one go or some shit)
- the fight gets really hard (Shock and Horror!)

Another small issue I would have with the new system is the fact that getting unique maps is a lot harder now it seems. Not that it really matters, but finding them kinda regularly as "unique drops" and not connected to the map-drop-system was kiinda neat.
"
Cumulative Map Quantity Bonus
Performing the bonus objective in each type of map unlocks a (multiplicative) 1% map drop quantity bonus. For example, if you have done this in 22 different types of maps, then you have a 22% map drop bonus that stacks with other quantity bonuses multiplicatively. The total bonus is displayed on the Atlas screen.

The objectives that unlock this bonus are:
White Maps (Tiers 1-5) and Unique Maps: Kill the map boss or open the designated unique chest (for maps without a boss).
Yellow Maps (Tiers 6-10): Kill the map boss in a rare version of the map.
Red Maps (Tiers 11-16): Kill the map boss in a corrupted rare version of the map.

does the 1% quant increase each time i do the objective in the same map or only 1ce per map?
"
innervation wrote:

There was something that didn't quite sit right with me, and I think this is it. Perhaps it was always too good to be true, but I thought we'd come away with quite a lot more control over what map would drop based on where we farmed. The increase in control, seems, as you put it, very slight.

Maybe a nice compromise would be dividing the Atlas into quadrants, and then refining the rule that says "Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters)." to "Maps you've previously completed in this league from its quadrant (including on other characters).

That would still preserve low tier maps dropping, but still let you focus a bit more on farming a map or two in particular. As it stands, suppose you really want to farm the Cells Map. Under the new system, your incentive is now to NOT complete any other maps from that tier so that all of those [tier whatever] drops will be cells maps. I think that's a bad incentive to have given that this expansion is supposed to be embracing how robust and diverse the mapping system is (and should be).

I made the same reasoning about farming a specific map.
I have no miracle solutions, but something other than "do not complete other maps" should give a bonus to a specific map drop. Or else having an Atlas completed will deprive you from a drop rate "bonus", which is quite unexpected I think.

Let's think...
A sextant mod maybe ? like "Nearby map drop + X%". Or maybe it should be existing by default for every map. That won't drastically change rare drop rates, just increase them a little.

Maybe even for uniques ? Alright I'm asking too much ok.
(but hey, 1% increased to 2% is still quite difficult to obtain isn't it ?)

I wonder what GGG has to say about this. Unless I misunderstood the thing.

"
Kagari wrote:

This beign acount wide, you can now ruin you account permanantly by playing some crappy maps like dungeon.

Damn. +1.
Last edited by Pulsahr on Aug 24, 2016, 4:58:38 AM
"
gamer60 wrote:
"
Cumulative Map Quantity Bonus
Performing the bonus objective in each type of map unlocks a (multiplicative) 1% map drop quantity bonus. For example, if you have done this in 22 different types of maps, then you have a 22% map drop bonus that stacks with other quantity bonuses multiplicatively. The total bonus is displayed on the Atlas screen.

The objectives that unlock this bonus are:
White Maps (Tiers 1-5) and Unique Maps: Kill the map boss or open the designated unique chest (for maps without a boss).
Yellow Maps (Tiers 6-10): Kill the map boss in a rare version of the map.
Red Maps (Tiers 11-16): Kill the map boss in a corrupted rare version of the map.

does the 1% quant increase each time i do the objective in the same map or only 1ce per map?

I dont rly understand your question. It's like a quest you can do once per Map Type and then you gain 1% total for each Map Type. Max Bonus Drop Chance = Number of Maps in the Atlas * 1%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info