Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
Mihalis wrote:
So ZiggyD is the games official representative in twitch and youtube now? I like the guy, just wondering.

Nope, I'm just a prolific PoE content creator. I paid for my own trip out to NZ so that I could produce this content of my own accord - (with the permission and assistance of GGG of course!). It's win win for both of us after all.

Lol what a "coincidence" such timing and ofc ggg would let anyone that shows up to their door exclusive information, cmon at least try to have a better excuse....

He never said it was a coincidence. I would bet he timed flying to NZ so that he could produce this content and coordinated the timing with GGG. He enjoys it and GGG gets free hype.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Great job ziggy! I'm sure anyone complaining about your videos couldn't explain concepts and new features %5 as good as you can explain them! You may it so easy to understand, even for the noobs! Keep up the great work.
"
Jarenar wrote:
"
What will drop instead of T14 in new if you have no T14 completed maps in Atlas, only T15?

Example. Take any other map you like.
- no atlas-completion and on a map with no connected T14 maps: any T14 map
- no atlas-completion but on a t13 gorge map: T14 shrine, because gorge connects to shrine
- you decide out of all T14 maps to atlas-complete shrine: T14 shrine

meaning you only complete what you want to have dropped. and run (NOT complete), vendor or sell other maps.

in the end low maps don't matter so you could Atlas-complete T1-Tn to boost the map-bonus-%. it will be what? roughly 60 maps out of 100 Atlas-completed. What ever high map drops it will be the map you cheery picked for Atlas-completition.

So in your theory the best option is to Complete all tier maps T1-T15 from 1 route leading to your favorite T16 Boss!?
Even if we get low tier map in T15 (for example T7), it still will be in our route, better than get random (T7) from different routes which you don't need!? That way even if we collect low lvl maps, they can be exchanged for higher tier maps which eventually leads to your selected T16 Boss!?
It's interesting but I think a lot of the incentivization is wrong. The expansion is about increased variety but buying and completing only the most valuable map at each tier (or completing all maps at "worthless" tiers for the bonus) seems to be the "correct" strategy, I really think rewarding this kind of play doesn't add that kind of min Max depth we want from poe, it's kind of a fun killer if you ask me. It also comes with that cow king bricking feeling we all know and hate. I'll probably just ignore the optimal playstyle but I'm going to feel bad about it. Maybe make the maps in the Atlas toggleable? So we can pick between the bonus and the possibility of it dropping? Or, why not just only let connected maps drop? Whats wrong with that system?

Similarly the shapers orbs feel more like a "never see the map again" mechanic than anything. I think red maps need to be much easier to acquire, or shaped maps need to drop at their original tier rarity so that you have a way to sustain a higher level map pool. I think it's okay to let people do red maps consistently if they're geared and high level. I feel like they should be gated by difficulty and not rarity. My last character could do them but just never found many.
I've been reading every reply for several days and I'm finding the consistency of exploitation...
Since when was GGG known to allow you to exploit something that is possibly great for a long period of time? Never. At least in my books. I'm sure all the people running only the best maps and forcing only the best maps to drop will have this exploit blow up in their faces soon enough, just like how Ghost-busting or 100% Chaos Conversion was nerfed.

Good luck to all, I for one, will only be running the best of the maps too until it inevitably somehow gets altered or nerfed.

"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
I have a question about Shaped maps.
Example:
T9 map has X chances do be dropped.
T14 map has Y chances do be dropped. (obviously Y<X).

When you Shape T9 map into T14:
1) Does Shaped T9 still has the same chance as regular T9?
2) By exchanging 3x Shaped T9 will give you: regular T10? Shaped T10? Regular T14?
3) Shaped T9 still considered as T9 or T14 in Map Drop POOL?
4) Additional to №3, Will Shaped T9 can be dropped in regular T8? or in regular T13?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only 3 T10 Shaper Orbs, so 1 of 4 final Bosses doesn't have on it's T15 map route Shaper orb.
Lets vote, who it is? Hydra?
I've been playing this game since the 1st day of open beta and never bothered to make a single Post.... But reading all these complaints about how the new map system encourages playing LESS of the maps I figured I may as well post a solution:

Anyone that has ever traded on a platform like Ameritrade or Schwab knows they let you setup all your charts how you want...then you can SAVE LAYOUT.

Let people have 2 or 3 layouts...they select which one they want to play on through a drop down on the atlas itself, and eventually you can even add in a recipe or something that lets them reset a layout.

This will ensure everyone completes the entire atlas on one layout...and then sets up a second or third layout in whatever manner they feel drops the preferred maps.

"

I've been playing this game since the 1st day of open beta and never bothered to make a single Post.... But reading all these complaints about how the new map system encourages playing LESS of the maps I figured I may as well post a solution:

Anyone that has ever traded on a platform like Ameritrade or Schwab knows they let you setup all your charts how you want...then you can SAVE LAYOUT.

Let people have 2 or 3 layouts...they select which one they want to play on through a drop down on the atlas itself, and eventually you can even add in a recipe or something that lets them reset a layout.

This will ensure everyone completes the entire atlas on one layout...and then sets up a second or third layout in whatever manner they feel drops the preferred maps.

If GGG Intends to keep the current setup of Atlas with the slight oversight of the mentioned complaints I have to say, this is an amazing idea!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Thank you ZiggyD for Explain ! :)
Just boring :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info