Detailed Atlas Mechanics

What I want to know is what are the 2 new channeling spells that may be released in 2.4.1. You guys said you weren't ready to release them cause they aren't to your satisfaction. Well, why not tell us what you got and maybe we can give good feedback and help make them?
Nice, can't wait.
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester

Path of Exile 2 will be a great leap forward
imo the main point you're all missing:

the bulk of players will unlock all maps they can get to cash in the 1% map drop bonus. ggg has to adapt the base map drop chance to compensate.

unlocking only some selected maps will heavily decrease your map drop chance.

i will not say "to a point where you get the same gorge map drops if you unlock one t1 and gorge or unlock all 100 maps" ... i would say you probably find more gorge maps with the 100% more map drop bonus.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 24, 2016, 2:24:32 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
CaoMengde wrote:
.... looks like people are missing the point...
[..]
now we can have a tier 15 tropical island

Note that you have a limited amount of Shaper's Orbs, and a Map can only be shaped once.
"
ZenEnott wrote:
Once more.... Can someone please summarize how we can possibly ruin the account?
From what I understand:
If you run a Dungeon Map (which is most likely t4), every time a tier 4 map drops it has a chance to be a Dungeon instead of, say, an Academy or Vaal Pyramid.
However, if you never complete a Dungeon, they can only drop from Arid Lake (t3, 8 when Shaped) and Dunes (t5/10) Maps.

So, by ruin - people mean - we can accidentally complete, say, Dungeon and it now drops for all accounts (as it used to be before). If we didn't complete it - it can't drop other than in its adjacent maps - thus improving the chances for other, better maps?

So, ruin = make it work as intended and as it is today?
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Once again GGG has done it. Made something too complicated for people to understand.

I love this game!

You guys that are confused, just wait and play and it will all become clear.
Remember how confused people were about Prophecy? And that was just a league. This is an EP.

What is an ep? Too many abbrevitions here.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
rade0n wrote:
im going as planned to complete the entire atlas. whatever it results

Ditto. Because it's content and it's a HELLUVA lot more interesting than grinding quick clear, limited back-tracking maps.

Main account open whole atlas and on secondary account only open the efficient path. When you want to be efficient use the secondary accounts atlas. Obviously this only benefits players with dual client capabilities and a lot of time on their hands...something people usually bitch and moan about.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Aug 24, 2016, 2:27:40 PM
also: why not making a "char bound atlas" a paid feature?

players who run several chars to min/max are most likely supporting anyway.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
imo the main point you're all missing:

the bulk of players will unlock all maps they can get to cash in the 1% map drop bonus. ggg has to adapt the base map drop chance to compensate.

unlocking only some selected maps will heavily decrease your map drop chance.

i will not say "to a point where you get the same gorge map drops if you unlock one t1 and gorge or unlock all 100 maps" ... i would say you probably find more gorge maps with the 100% more map drop bonus.

pffft the drop chance bonuses dont mean a thing..
its just a psychological teddy bear thing

ive run a 140% iiq map and got garbage and no maps
and ive run a white map and got like a Leet unique, and 5 maps...
Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 24, 2016, 2:27:56 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
What is an ep? Too many abbrevitions here.

Expansion Pack, I would assume.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
romario711 wrote:
I understand correctly - if i play only gorge maps, only gorge maps will drop?
Watch ziggy video. Your answer is there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info