Lacerate-Bleed-Knockback/Fending-Duelist/Gladiator?

Has anyone ever designed a Gladiator using lacerate and the synergy of increased bleeding-damage thru knockback-movement?

Thematically it would be kind of nice, wouldn't it? I'm imagining a 5-L with

- Lacerate
- Multistrike
- Faster Attacks
- Knockback
- Melee Physical Damage

which should also look kinda cool, fending in all directions and keeping everything at a distance!

Obvious choice for notable passives would be:

- Ascendancy: Gratuitious Violence & Blood in the Eyes
- Fending
- Dirty Techniques
- Razor's Edge
- Bloodletting
- Master of the Arena

I'm kind of sad that there seems to be no real Fending/Knockback-build and I'd be grateful for any ideas of how to create such a build :-)
Last edited by SoilnRock on Aug 23, 2016, 5:10:55 PM
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2016, 2:19:16 PM
Well using the recent passive skill tree reset, I respec'd into this build I was thinking of and I must say I think it's pretty fun!

Main Skill is Lacerate in a 5L-Daresso's Defiance (Lacerate, Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Knockback, Melee Physical Damage)

--------------------------------------------------------

My fighting style is dual wielding swords (Dream Feather and Prismatic Eclipse):

1. I use Whirling Blades supported by Fortify to dive into enemies and start Blood Rage with Cast On Melee Kill and giving me Frenzy Charges

2. Blasphemy supported by Poacher's Aim curses surrounding enemies for Frenzy Charges

3. Enduring Cry gives me Life Regeneration and Endurance Charges

4. Lacerate supported by Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Knockback and Melee Physical Damage pushes away every enemy without even targeting properly thanks to Multistrike

5. Infernal Blow supported by Melee Splash, Blood Lust and Multistrike (and concentrated effect) is used for single target damage - should anyone even get close to me

6. Riposte and Vengeance with Melee Splash and Melee Physical Damage give me additional defence/retaliation

7. Stone Golem gives me additional life regeneration

8. Haste aura gives me additonal attack and movement speed

Important Notables are:

- Fending and Knockback of course!
- Bloodletting
- Dirty Techniques
- Graceful Assault
- Razor's Edge

Ascendancy:

- Gratuitious Violence
- Blood in the Eyes
- Painforged

Other Gear:

- Deidbellow
- Redblade Tramplers
- Wyrmsign 4L (Infernal Blow, Melee Splash, Blood Lust, Multistrike)
- Blackheart
- Le Heup of All
- Daresso's Salute (for additional range)

(Yes, I like those Uniques ;-))

So far (Lvl 80) I feel kind of invincible, nothing really comes close to damage me because everything is being pushed back by knockback. Enemies are bleeding to death and dying in a nice explosion. Adding Increased Area of Effect to Lacerate in a 6L should be awesome!
I got pretty good block chance, adding Versatile Combatant after Uber Lab should make me handle spell attacks pretty nicely.

I would like to encourage others to try for Lacerate-Fending-Knockback-Bleed-builds as I think there's a lot of potential for further optimization.

Have fun!
Last edited by SoilnRock on Sep 14, 2016, 10:32:03 AM
hey ! i'm doing the same build right now ! we had the same crazy idea ! Currently lvl 71 and having fun :)

I think vulerabilty is pretty good as a curse since it adds tons of damage. you can use blood rage to get frenzy charges anyway.

also i think you don't need so much attack speed for the knockback to work, so i prefer arctic armor over haste.

Pack clearing is very fast and fun but bosses are still tough though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info