Cruel western forest %119 rarity

"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Really bad luck... no rares? I doubt you're reporting this honestly.

By the way... the mindset of the players, that nothing matters until you get to this "end game" is what has really ruined the development of this game. Cruel areas should be just as fun, both in challenge and level appropriate rewards, as higher level areas.

It's not that expecting items to drop in cruel is stupid, but posting that you tried mfing in a cruel area is completely pointless. Sure like people are saying they got some of their first good drops back in the day in cruel, but purposely loading up on mf in a difficulty with fewer mobs and likely less ambient rarity and quantity in general is just laughable. The rewards you get in cruel are fine. I play SSF until early maps and that makes any difficulty a great place for drops to keep upgrading. But expecting that brute forcing drops in the middle difficulty and acting like GGG's decision making to have less items in general in this difficulty is stupid is part of what makes this funny.

No... it's not "completely pointless", or it shouldn't be seen to be. See... there's a point: Maybe he's stuck in the progression. Maybe he's hunting for a specific unique. See... you've progressed beyond the point where you even understand his motivations. And the developers seem to have done so as well. So new players are kind of left being the butt of jokes and marginalized. Bad for the game. Bad for business.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Really bad luck... no rares? I doubt you're reporting this honestly.

By the way... the mindset of the players, that nothing matters until you get to this "end game" is what has really ruined the development of this game. Cruel areas should be just as fun, both in challenge and level appropriate rewards, as higher level areas.

It's not that expecting items to drop in cruel is stupid, but posting that you tried mfing in a cruel area is completely pointless. Sure like people are saying they got some of their first good drops back in the day in cruel, but purposely loading up on mf in a difficulty with fewer mobs and likely less ambient rarity and quantity in general is just laughable. The rewards you get in cruel are fine. I play SSF until early maps and that makes any difficulty a great place for drops to keep upgrading. But expecting that brute forcing drops in the middle difficulty and acting like GGG's decision making to have less items in general in this difficulty is stupid is part of what makes this funny.

No... it's not "completely pointless", or it shouldn't be seen to be. See... there's a point: Maybe he's stuck in the progression. Maybe he's hunting for a specific unique. See... you've progressed beyond the point where you even understand his motivations. And the developers seem to have done so as well. So new players are kind of left being the butt of jokes and marginalized. Bad for the game. Bad for business.

Back when I first started D3 before I moved to PoE I found value in going to a lower area and mfing considering I played mostly solo self found with my friends at that time. I found value in doing that in their game.

When I transferred over here, I never once found myself thinking that stacking mf stats before merciless would ever help me, mob density is smaller, you seem to get more rares the higher level area you go, etc. So from my perspective from the very start, posting about mfing in anywhere below merciless is pointless.

OP is also very new, not even a year into this game but has a lot of extremely strong opinions on parts of this game or GGG in general. This seems to be more of a troll thread if anything because somebody who posts this often in such a short time span you would think would ask for help/advice rather than slapping on some random mf gear and farm a cruel area seemingly picked at random, especially when progressing to low tier maps is the easiest it has ever been self found.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
If you expect a lot of good rares/unique items after doing ONE zone in CRUEL with 119 IIR, what is a guy running 30 T10+ maps pr hour with 300+ IIR supposed to expect?

IIR is good for chaos recipe and making some profit in the beginning of leagues. Not much reason to go overboard with MF after that point.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I am not sure why many players who posted a reply to the OP are saying "lol, hahaha, etc..."

This is where we fail as a community... to laugh at others unfortunate events, instead of laughing at someone maybe try and give them some advice.

@OP The amount of iir you have does not mean you will get more items, that just increases the chance of you getting a rare instead of a magic item in most cases.

If you want more items to drop you need iiq, this will increase the chances of you even getting a drop to begin with.

Balance iir with iiq and you will have a better drop rate experience, though you must take into mind POE has a cap at drop rates also, meaning after a set amount of hours in a day the RNG will drop.

NOTE: There are level/exp penalties depending on your level.

Take a look at these links for a better explanation and for some reference.

Drop Rate --> http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_Rate
Penalty Calculator --> http://www.i-volve.net/jol/poe_xpdrop_en.php
MEME GODDESS
"
maciemace wrote:
I am not sure why many players who posted a reply to the OP are saying "lol, hahaha, etc..."

This is where we fail as a community... to laugh at others unfortunate events, instead of laughing at someone maybe try and give them some advice.

@OP The amount of iir you have does not mean you will get more items, that just increases the chance of you getting a rare instead of a magic item in most cases.

If you want more items to drop you need iiq, this will increase the chances of you even getting a drop to begin with.

Balance iir with iiq and you will have a better drop rate experience, though you must take into mind POE has a cap at drop rates also, meaning after a set amount of hours in a day the RNG will drop.

NOTE: There are level/exp penalties depending on your level.

Take a look at these links for a better explanation and for some reference.

Drop Rate --> http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_Rate
Penalty Calculator --> http://www.i-volve.net/jol/poe_xpdrop_en.php

Or like I said earlier, OP makes a lot of strong statements about his opinion of the game and GGG, and either made this as a troll thread or didn't bother looking for any advice at all, does what they believe will work, it doesn't and they come on the forums to complain that the game is bad. Rinse and repeat either way.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
You think farming cruel with 119% rarity should net you something worthwhile?

hehehe...

Very true... 119% rarity of trash just equals higher quality trash. You know, what the filthy Richie Rich throw away daily.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
what level is the character . you could have a very large penilty to MF.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info