I can't take it anymore - once and for all, who is in charge of balance?

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:

Where is the "Thankfully not you" option?

This + where is "All of the above" option?

Erm, the last thing I had to say on balance was in the Cast on Crit thread, where I said that GGG should draw a line in the sand (of their choosing) of 'this is how fast our maps should be cleared at maximum' and nerf accordingly. Is that so controversial?

Also I allowed multiple choices, so all of the above is inherently an option.
"
Namcap wrote:
I think Voidheart was a good idea to improve melee. The problem with it is that it's too strong with some skills and doesn't do enough for most other melee skills. I have a feeling it was changed at the last minute and not tested (probably only caused bleeding and they thought it wasn't enough so they added another mod).

As for the topic, nothing is ever black or white. Some changes are caused by streamers, some whiners, some metrics.

But I do find it hilarious to ask the community how changes are made when the community can't find their ass with both hands.

They do seem to find it with their heads often enough.
I dunno I kinda like when ARPG's are imbalanced. It's fun trying to find what's broken.

For one it seems near impossible to completely balance a game like this with so much build variation. Secondly, if all builds had the same power-level, it would feel homogenized and boring like diablo or wow.

Sometimes I want spicy food...and sometimes mild. If everything was in this grey area of kinda spicyish...it would be meh.

Just saying.
"
innervation wrote:

We be hardcore and enjoy challenges.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

We be hardcore and enjoy challenges.

Peace,

-Boem-
given how common autopotion macros, auto-logout macros, and similar 'easy outs' are in use on hardcore, i'm inclined to disagree.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Reach existing tells me either Internal QA does a lot of drugs or has no clue how to build a fucking bow character.

So I'm gonna go with decree of Chris Wilson.
I think the reason Reach (and voidheart) ended up the way they are is that they were given some last minute buffs, and not given proper testing/balancing.

That is right but it doesn't matter at all. The bow is very strong but who cares? It is possible to oneshot everything in game with at least four other bows and despite what people believe more damage doesn't make any difference after the "oneshot-point". And voidhearth is completely fine as it is. Is it op? Yes it is but it only makes the gap between ranged and melee smaller and that is a good and fair thing at least in my book!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I find it extremely interesting that they didn't provide the "most popular unique" stats like they did with the previous league.

You can guess why ^^
"
IceDeal wrote:
I find it extremely interesting that they didn't provide the "most popular unique" stats like they did with the previous league.

You can guess why ^^

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1677370
"
rocdog wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1677370

It was a week within the league wich give 0 insight on the meta. 1 months and a half or 2 months would have shown an extremely different selection.

Spoiler
Reach + Rats + kintsugi + drillneck = Teenage Girl Prophecy starter pack
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 22, 2016, 7:36:50 PM
I wanted to make a clever joke and Says they roll a Dice but damn, even RNG would do good more often

This one was for you Dominating blow, RIP 2014,2015,2016
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info